Menu
Vote: Which bird should be the national bird of China?
Oct 8, 2008 01:55
  • BBQQ
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 12 vote(s)
  2. 3 vote(s)
  3. 3 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Six years ago, China decided to choose its national bird. Now, six years has passed but the national bird hasn't been chosen. What's the problem?

In 2002, 36 deputies to the NPC recommended that Red Crowned Crane should be chosen as China's national bird. But it failed eventually just because of Red Crowned Crane's latin name "Japanese Crane". Are there any other candidates? Yes, Golden Pheasant and Sparrow. Thhose who support Golden Pheasant say that China looks like a golden pheasant on a map. So Golden Pheasant is the best choice. However, some netizens think that Sparrow is the best.

Which bird is the best? Just give your vote.
Oct 8, 2008 01:58
  • BBQQ
Just have a look at these three birds.

No.1 Red Crowned Crane

Oct 8, 2008 01:59
  • BBQQ
No.2 Golden Pheasant

Oct 8, 2008 02:04
  • BBQQ
Sparrow

Oct 8, 2008 09:56
  • JSUMMERS83
I'm not Chinese, so my say doesn't count, but...

...that pheasant looks just a bit too gaudy.
Oct 8, 2008 20:14
  • ICEBERG
Agree, Jsummer. Another thing is that I can't understand why sparrow is on the list. BBQQ, can you tell me the reason? By the way, I give my vote to Red Crowned Crane.
Oct 9, 2008 04:52
  • LEOPOLD219
Derfinitely not sparrow. Don't we know that sparrows are harmful birds? They eat farmers' grain. I agree with Jsummer and Iceberg, golden pheasant is too gaudy. So Red Crowned Crane is my choice.
Oct 9, 2008 10:17
  • JOSHIRV57
Leopold219,I would like to know what your name here translates into. I have just joined and am wondering why you chose such a name,and just where in China do
you live. I have been reading your postings,and I am wondering where you have learned so much in your life time.You must be a middle aged or an old man to have
so much knowledge. As far as the Bird question,I havent the slightest idea which bird you have in mind. By the way,ho good do you understand English?
Oct 9, 2008 22:36
  • LEOPOLD219
Joshirv57, I am not a native English speaker so my English is not as good as you. I thought that you already knew which bird I had chosen if you could understand what I wrote.

What do you mean by saying "As far as the Bird question,I havent the slightest idea which bird you have in mind" ? My Englih is poor and I couldn't understand it.
Post a Reply to: Vote: Which bird should be the national bird of China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code