Menu
Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Oct 19, 2008 15:34
  • REMAG1234
Griz,
From your post it would appear that your only lose is "A Paper Lose". Leaving your money where it is will surely turn around in the very near future. I too have lost "a paper lose" but it has not affected my lifestyle in any way. I do not rely on "a paper profit" until I cash in and then and only then I can say I have a profit or lose.
Oct 19, 2008 16:45
  • COOLSPRINGS
Hope Senior guys/gals who have a couple years to go for retirement would be locked in comfortable pension proceeds in the near future market when market value would be bounced back to where it should be!
Oct 20, 2008 03:16
  • GAFFER
Paper loss is fine if you don't need to cash in, but many people rely on the income from dividends from their investments. In the current climate dividends are likely to be a little thin.
Oct 20, 2008 21:09
  • GRIZ326
You are correct, REMAG1234. Unfortunately, I had to take some money out to pay for my wife's immigration processing so I experienced a real loss. Fortunately, I only needed a small amount of money, but it still took much more of my savings than I originally planned.
Oct 26, 2008 23:48
  • GARYKINKADE
Beings that I live in an area half way between lost and found the economic situation hasn't bothered me personally to a great extent.
However, it's nice to see the price per gallon of fuel drop, whether that's a result of the economic situation or a political ploy just before the elections remains to be seen.
A good time to invest in gold or silver in the physical form. And the people of China and India appear to be way ahead of the Western cultures in regards to this.
IMO... the price of gold and silver should be increasing instead of dropping but I guess this indicates an overall economic depression rather inflation ....besides I'm no economist.
Oct 27, 2008 22:05
  • COOLSPRINGS
Gary, we Chinese treasure lands much more than gold. It's the time to enter real estate market now if having surplus.
Oct 28, 2008 14:00
  • CARLOS
19 days ago I voted no influence, but now that euro is so weak and weakening more I must think very carefully. I was thinking about longer stay, perhaps take my daughters too, but because rmb is now 15% more expensive rethinking takes place.
I planned to stay one month, maybe two, even three, but I have already thought perhaps one-two weeks in Nanning and one in GZ, visiting Canton Fair.

Not happy, not happy at all.

But hey, perhaps all will change until spring, eh

Carlos
Oct 29, 2008 10:40
  • GARYKINKADE
In regards to your answer Coolsprings.....it is much easier for a person to carry gold in their pocket than a hectare of land on the other hand it is much easier for a thief to carry gold in their pocket than a hectare of land.
Irregardless...land is more productive and can sustain life as opposed to gold and I understand your point.
Oct 29, 2008 22:26
  • COOLSPRINGS
Gary, land or house is security like pension. If people don't have enough money to live on or want to live more comfortable after retirement, they will move to rental home or senior house with extra pension funds from proceeds of house/land selling to buy annunity.
Oct 31, 2008 22:46
GUEST36139 I have lost a great deal in the last year. But it's only money. I'll just have to work harder and longer. Life is good. I can hardly wait to come back and say to someone, "when I was in China"...I'm going. This will be the 43 counrty I have visited in 30 years.

GO FOR IT!

BIll
Page 3 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Poll: How Does the Financial Crisis Affect Your Travel Plan?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code