Menu
Will you divide your house in half if you divorce your wife?
Oct 15, 2008 08:49
  • JSUMMERS83
I guess it's a good thing there wasn't a child involved in this divorce settlement.
Oct 15, 2008 20:28
  • JIMMYB
I guess it's a good thing there wasn't a child involved in this divorce settlement.

LOL, Jsummer. You are absolutely right. I could guess how they would deal with their child if they had one. Tear him into two parts? Impossible! Actually, if they had a child, they might not divorce because they need to think about how divorce affects their child.
Oct 16, 2008 03:51
  • LIZXLI
According to the new marriage regulation in China,if one party buy a house before marriage,then even though they divorce later,the other party will not have right to share a part of the house.but if they have children,that's another case.I just knew this a couple of days ago when visiting a newly-married friend.So for girls,it is really not safe if their husband own a house before marriage,and they don't have any child.
Oct 19, 2008 21:54
  • JIMMYB
According to the new marriage regulation in China,if one party buy a house before marriage,then even though they divorce later,the other party will not have right to share a part of the house.but if they have children,that's another case.

If the husband paid for the house and signed his name on the property ownership certificate, then the house is his property. If they divorce, the house is still his. Am I right, Li? But how will they divide their property, for example, the house, if they have a kid?
Oct 19, 2008 22:04
  • JIMMYB
And now I see why some young couples sign prenuptial agreement before getting married. If they divorce, they needn't argue for these things, for example, property division.
Oct 30, 2008 03:47
  • LIZXLI
JIMMYB

Personaly I will not consider divorce once I am married with someone I like.Especially when we have a child,I will for sure try my best to make a family united for ever and happy for the rest of my life.I think,for most girls,they don't desire a divorce.Why do you think about divorce before marriage?Partly I think you are lack of confidence in your partner.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you divide your house in half if you divorce your wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code