Menu
Will you divide your house in half if you divorce your wife?
Oct 10, 2008 03:02
  • CHERRY07
Divorce is a serious thing. However, a couple in Cambodia made their divorce very funny. The man divorced her wife just because he thought his wife didn't take care of him when he was ill. However, they didn't have money to solve their problem in the court. So they make a deal. They divided all the properties and their house was also cut into two parts. The man has already took his part away and that part belongs to her wife still stand there. Right now, the man lives in his parents's house so that his parents can look after him when he is ill. His wife said that if his husband lived at home, she would take care of him and pay for the medicine. If he chose to live in his parents, she wouldn't pay for that.

According to the village head, this couple has been together for nearly 40 years. It is a pity that they divorce just for this unreasonable reason. And a local lawyer said that it was legal that they divided their property after they reached an agreement. However, it didn't mean that they had divorced legally.

Just have a look at their house.

Oct 10, 2008 03:36
  • WANHU
how unfortunate no one wants to buy their house so that they can split the money from the proceeds. They can live together for almost 40 years but old age somjetimes makes a man chooses a wrong turn, to absurdity and unwise, probably. Only he knows the real reason.
Oct 10, 2008 04:22
  • JIMMYB
I am sure that they will regret someday. They are too hasty to divorce. When they calm down, they will realize that it is a mistake. Just hope one of them can take first step to compromise.
Oct 10, 2008 05:13
  • JOSHIRV57
Jimmy B : Its a opinion and its asking if you are associated with marriage counseling.You of course are suggesting that you are having us readers assume you are
very aware of what your opinion is giving for thought.Is this your experience and have you ever or are now married? What experience have you in this subject?
Oct 11, 2008 20:45
  • JIMMYB
"You of course are suggesting that you are having us readers assume you are
very aware of what your opinion is giving for thought.Is this your experience and have you ever or are now married? What experience have you in this subject? "

JOSHIRV57, I haven't got married yet. So I have no experience on this. What about you?
Oct 13, 2008 09:14
  • APAULT
It couldn't happen in Australia. You see the women always gets such a large portion, the man's part would fall down!
Oct 13, 2008 22:34
  • JIMMYB
Paul, Cherry said that the man had already taken his part away. The other part belongs to his wife. By the way, why couldn't this happen in Australia?
Oct 14, 2008 21:13
  • BBQQ
Too extremely. I agree with Jimmyb. Sooner or later, they will regret what they have done today. The man divorced his wife just because he thought his wife didn't look after him very well when he was ill. Obviously, he was angry that time.
Oct 15, 2008 01:12
  • DODGER
Jimmy, the land that the house is built on is part of the value of the real estate, often exceeding the value of the building.
You cannot remove the land to another location obviously.
Dodger.
Oct 15, 2008 03:12
  • GAFFER
My understanding of China real estate is that you never actually own your home, only buy permission to live in it for "x" years,(in the UK it's called buying a lease). So I guess a similar situation could not occur. I have conflicting information on who actually owns the property, is it the government/local authority or the property developer?
Oct 15, 2008 04:32
  • JIMMYB
Jimmy, the land that the house is built on is part of the value of the real estate, often exceeding the value of the building.
You cannot remove the land to another location obviously.

You are right, Dodger. That man was a little silly. Although they didn't divorce, they have reached an agreement on division of property and it is legal. So he lost a lot.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you divide your house in half if you divorce your wife?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code