Menu
Grad from China’s prestigious Peking University sells pork
Oct 15, 2008 02:28
  • OLIVETREE
Do you think if it is worthwhile for graduates from China’s prestigious universities to sell pork? In many Chinese eyes, it is a waste of talents. Chen Sheng, a graduate from China’s prestigious Peking University, began selling pork two years ago. Now he has become a multimillionaire. He opened 100 chains selling porks in Guangzhou. His chains have a turnover of 200 million Yuan. Years ago, another graduate Lu busheng became a butcher instead of finding a “Decent job” after his graduation? His deed caused fierce argument. Many internet users said that it was a waste of talent? In Chinese perspective, butcher or selling pork is not a decent job. Grads from prestigious Peking University selling pork are a waste of talent? What do you think?

Cheng Sheng graduated from prestigious Peking University

Oct 15, 2008 02:29
  • OLIVETREE
Butcher Lu Buxiang - grad from Peking University

Oct 16, 2008 04:26
GUEST2475 What's your definition of "Decent Jobs"? The guy made money through his hard work. He is decent.
Oct 16, 2008 19:48
  • WANHU
He is using his knowledge gained from the university. Thus his business flourishes within a span of two years. A friend of mine, after graduating graduating from agricukture university then Oxford, he became a fisherman. Now he owns 7 fleet of trawlers.
Oct 16, 2008 19:55
  • BITTERSWEET
wow, 200 million turnover per year. He is a genius in how to run his total assets. BTW, how much is his total assets?
Oct 17, 2008 13:43
  • CARLOS
Talent is nothing amazing. Talents are squandered all the time all over the world.
(wise words from a former junior football (soccer) coach)

You don´t necessary need your specified talents to survive.

Carlos
Oct 20, 2008 22:32
  • LEOPOLD219
Today diploma and reputation are not as important as they are used to be. A majority of Chinese people are mainly interested in making money. Talents serves a bridge to make money. It is not a waste of talents because it makes a big fortune for him. I assume the guy never thought he wasted his talents.
Oct 28, 2008 19:01
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Nah. He is fine. The whole point of education is to learn stuff and hopefully get a good job after graduation. The way I see it, he's got a good job.
Oct 29, 2008 05:15
GUESTLITE I know of a guy who has graduated from a Taiwanese university who sells roasted barbeque pork a month before the Spring Holidays (LUnar New Year) - for that one month he takes in about USD2,500 - a sum of money he would NOT be able to earn IF he worked in a bank.

My point is: it really matters little (for some people) what you do to make money legally, to make an honest living.

A Thai multi millionaire sold sandwiches on the streets in Bangkok after the financial tsunami in July 1997 - today he is once again wealthy, not by selling sandwiches but through his business.

In today's uncertain times, when the world economic scenario is nearly all doom-&-gloom, selling pork is even better than working in a bank. Pays better. Now what is so wrong with that?
Post a Reply to: Grad from China’s prestigious Peking University sells pork
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code