Menu
Melamine in biscuits?
Oct 16, 2008 19:33
  • WANHU
Health Minister of Malaysia says ammonium bicarbonate from China, the raising agent used to produce biscuits has been found to contain excessive levels of melamine. As a result, Malaysia has banned importing ammonium bicarbonate from China, and 18 brands of biscuits are withdrawn by its manufacturers. The permissible level of melamine is 2.5 parts per million (ppm) but in Khong Guan and Khian Guan biscuits the melamine level is 33.4 ppm and 508 ppm respectively.

It seems not only dairy products are contaminated with melamine.
Oct 22, 2008 21:47
  • WANHU
The Ministy of Health Malaysia has identified the three companies that involved with ammonium bicarbonate tainted with high content of melamine, namely i) Broadtech Chemical Int Co Ltd ii) Dalian Chemical Industries, and iii) Tianjin Red Triangle International Trading Co Ltd.

In fact, according to Health Minister as reported by NST today, Malaysian manufacturers did not use the ammonimum bicarbonate raising agent from the three companies blamed by the Chinese government for causing the contamination.

If the biscuit manufacturers did not import the raising agent from the three identified companies as blamed and claimed, then why banned the 18 brands of biscuits manufactured by Khong Guan and Khian Guan? Now biscuits no longer for my afternoon tea.
Oct 22, 2008 22:07
  • DREAMLIFE
Now biscuits no longer for my afternoon tea.

After melamine scandal in China, I never drink milk or eat biscuits, haha. According to some sources, some supermarkets still sell the milk and milk powder produced before Sep.14 though the state has ordered the sellers not to sell them. What the hell are they doing?
Post a Reply to: Melamine in biscuits?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code