Menu
Has capitalism failed?
Oct 7, 2009 15:49
  • BOBERT
I agree with you Seth that everything is cyclical, including world dominance. Superpowers come and go. They grow slowly, but invariably collapse very quickly. The writing is on the wall for America and time is running out. America has become a bloated caricature of what it once was. America is racked with an insurmountable mountain of debt yet cotinues to borrow at record levels. When the worlds solvent prudent nations either refuse to lend more deciding America is a lost cause, or demand an interest rate commensurate with the risk, America will implode. America has become an artificial bubble economy based on borrowed money. Without that borrowed money continuously pouring in at unprecendentd levels American asset prices will fall and the entire system will collapse. The collapse is not yet inevitable, but it's getting dangerously close. Years of living beyond it's means, ordained by a succession of short sighted administrations unwilling to face reality will severley test the "American systems" ability to prevail. Personally, I doubt it can.
Feb 18, 2010 06:34
GUESTBEAUSISTE I have asked this forward of on forums but I have not gotten any tangibles answers. So here goes, any a given remember how I can make a perfunctory $500?
Mar 3, 2010 22:11
  • PSYCHIATRIST
No, It's not failed but being lost away. The borrowed money has been creating the bubbles of communist fantacy and at the same time the Americans enjoying the cheapest consumers' products imported from mainland China All of a sudden, the bubbles are gone and the rosy dream turns out to be nothing and emptiness.
Page 5 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Has capitalism failed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code