Menu
Travelling from Hong Kong to Foshan, best method?
Jan 5, 2010 02:09
  • ELLYSE
There're no ferries from Hong Kong airport to Foshan.
Feb 6, 2010 20:02
GUEST98156 Hi Ellyse,

I am going to Nanhai, Foshan from HK airport. Do you know which hotels will the GoGoBus and CTS bus stop by? Btw, is the HKD 220/person a one-way fare only?

Thank you in advance for your advise.
Feb 6, 2010 23:11
  • ELLYSE
One-way fare has gone up to 270 HKD.
CTS will stop at Nanhai Pingzhou Hotel and CTS.
It seems that GoGoBus no longer operates this route.
Mar 8, 2010 11:30
GUEST01124 HI Ellyse,

I am a frequent traveller from Hong kong airport to Foshan or Guanghzhou
Normally I go by bus. However the bus always stops at the border and you have to take your cases and cross on foot.
I understand that there are limousine services, but they also cross the HK side without you getting out the car, but you still have to get out and wait for a bus on the China side.

Is there a limousine service that you don't have to get out the car at all for?
Mar 9, 2010 17:59
GUEST12473 Good day,

I am traveling to the Canton Fair and landing at HKIA at 17:05 on 23 April. I am staying at the Crown Plaza, #118 Fenjiangzhong Rd., Chancheng, Foshan. This is my first trip to the Fair, and I would appreciate it if you could be so kind as to provide me with suggestions on traveling from HKIA to the hotel in Foshan. I believe there is a shuttle that goes from the Hotel to the Fair. I will be traveling on the 27th after the Canton Fair to the HK Fair where I will stay at the Marriott next to the Asia World Convention Center. I will the return to the Canton Fair on the evening of the 30th, then back to HKIA on 3 May to catch my flight home. Any other travel tips you offer would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bill
Mar 16, 2010 07:01
GUESTNICK Hey Bill

This will be my 6th (or is it seventh) fair. I'll be staying at the Crowne in foshan too, but for phase 1 and 3. From HKIA at that time you'll need to catch a direct bus - about 3.5 hours. There's one that will drop you at the hotel front door. Drop the crowne a line and they'll tell you which co. There's a bus from the hotel to the fair each morning. Its about an hour. And one back at night. Reccomend the restaurants there and try to stay out of the KTV's :)
Mar 23, 2010 14:29
  • ELLYSE
Sorry, no idea at all about limo service from Hong Kong airport to Foshan where you don't have to get out of the car! If you don't want to bother with immigration stuff in China, then get the (unfortunately once-daily only) train Hong Kong -- Foshan, you clear immigration in Hong Kong before going on the train. Train leaves from Hung Hom station in Kowloon, you'll need to get a airport shuttle (or taxi) from Hong Kong airport to get there.

None of the Hong Kong airport -- Foshan buses I know of stop at the Crowne. Hotel-wise they stop at Chancheng Hotel, Carrianna Hotel, Foshan Hotel, Pingzhou Hotel, Jindu Hotel...
Mar 25, 2010 06:57
  • FIZZY88
ellyse, i love how a thousand ppl have asked you how to travel from HK to foshan...and how you have patiently repeated the bus schedule.

READ THE THREAD, PEOPLE! duh. :)
Mar 25, 2010 07:09
  • ELLYSE
Thanks for the understanding and empathy. :)
Unfortunately I think most people are too lazy to read! Or they think they'll get a response "faster" than reading the previous replies, if they tack on their own question, regardless of whether it's actually necessary or not... they seem to think they "deserve" an answer!
Mar 25, 2010 07:10
  • ELLYSE
Oh and if you think thread is bad... there're others (like the "Shanghai Pudong airport to Ningbo" one) which are worse!
Page 3 of 15    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travelling from Hong Kong to Foshan, best method?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code