Menu
Is it human instinct to speak dirty words?
Oct 29, 2008 04:58
  • ARAGORN
In every language, there are a great number of dirty words. People tend to have an aptitude for dirty words. For example, I met a some 4-5 year old boy. His vocabulary is very limited, whereas the dirt words account for a large portion of his vocabulary. Is it human instinct to speak dirty words?
Oct 29, 2008 09:45
  • CARLOS
I would say yes. All animals have something to show they are stronger and more dangerous than other. Animals usually need only threatening behavior and other backs up. If other thinks it can win, then there will be a fight unless the first backs up.
With people things are the same. In addition to threatening physical behavior people have words and swearing.

Of course, swearing have experienced "evolution". Today we have more dirty words than earlier and we use them not only threatening someone but when hit finger with hammer too.

Carlos
Oct 29, 2008 10:31
GUEST96238 This question is really a No-Brainer. How simple can anyone get.
Oct 29, 2008 12:09
  • GAFFER
Swearing can also be the result of a lack of vocablury, and of course copying parents and peers from a very young age. If kids are not taught the difference how would they know? Sadly it now seems to be fashionable and trendy. People seem to need to shock with their dress, behaviour and language.
Oct 29, 2008 14:13
  • CARLOS
Children can also copy from movies. If a movie gangster says: "f...ing m...f...rs, get on your f...ing knees f...ing fast or I´ll take my f...ing piece and blow your f...ing brains to the f...ing wall!" or "f...ing unbelievable" 28 times / movie or "this f...ing f... won´t f...!" it is no wonder that f-word is very common in kids language.

We have here v-word. It is as common as f in English.

Carlos
Oct 29, 2008 21:47
  • LEOPOLD219
Speaking dirty words is not human instinct. Language is acquired. A child's vocabulary is acquired from people around him. Parents and the people in the neighborhood have a great influence on the child's language.
Oct 29, 2008 22:41
  • COOLSPRINGS
When I realize I have been always shit taker instead of challenge taker in working enviroment, I would rather speak out : B.S at the risk of losing job!
Oct 30, 2008 11:57
I try not to swear too much, except when I'm at a football match, then the referee get's it all! he he
Alan
Oct 31, 2008 17:41
  • GRIZ326
Some people will put in their mouths what they would not pickup in their hands.
Nov 1, 2008 11:33
  • LIONPOWER
No gentleman say dirty words.
Nov 2, 2008 22:49
GUESTWISE I think so d-a-m-n... but i know it's a weakness [sigh]
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is it human instinct to speak dirty words?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code