Menu
Are most of the foreigners inclined to eat less or even no spicy food?
Oct 31, 2008 07:01
  • LLYNN
It seems that most of foreigners like to eat food with little peppery, right?
Oct 31, 2008 07:59
  • JIMPANZY
Wrong!!...... It depends on what part of the world the foreigners are from. I am from the UK and we have a multicultural society with many dishes from all over the world. Spicey food is certainly a favourite of UK people. My wife is from Sichuan province and before I went there she warned me that the food there is very spicey. In fact, we have more spicey food here in the UK and I only found one dish that was a little too spicey. It was also too spicey for the wife hahaha.
Oct 31, 2008 08:33
  • LLYNN
Wow~!~ great! I also love spicy food. but too much that will cause me cough a lot.
I can't bear food with no piquancy at all.
Oct 31, 2008 10:23
  • GAFFER
I like peppery food too, and like Jimpanzy I didn't find Sichuan food too hot. Spicy Indian food and Peppered steak is very popular in the UK.
Oct 31, 2008 13:38
  • CARLOS
Same here, I like spiced food too and Sichuan food goes more than well. My wife is from Guangxi, I actually donĀ“t really know if there is any culture of spicy or non spicy food. Many foods are sweet there, though. Peppered steak and strongly flavoured wine are my favourites anyway.

Carlos
Oct 31, 2008 17:06
  • GRIZ326
I love spicy foods. My wife did everything she could to keep me from eating hot foods in China trying to protect me. :-)

She understands now that it is difficult to make something too spicy for me without a little devilment mixed into the recipe. :-)
Oct 31, 2008 22:46
  • JIMPANZY
Hey LLYNN. I have an Indian friend who gave me some ingredients to take to China last month. I cooked an Indian curry for the wife's ma ma in Mian yang city and she really enjoyed it. She said this curry was "delicious" and very "tasty". She also said it was very "spicy", which surprised me a little because Sichuan food is meant to be the most spiciest in China and I expected her to be used to this kind of taste.

Thai food is the spiciest I have ever tasted and I know my Sichuan wife would struggle with some of the dishes of Thailand too. Some dishes are unedible to foreigners and Chinese hahahaha!!.

Nov 1, 2008 00:44
  • LLYNN
Oh, i got it. Yes, now i can change my misconception of your diet. So i think indian food will be much spicy than Sichuan food. I already think Sichuan food is very spicy especially the hot pot. Nice day~!~

Lynn
Nov 1, 2008 03:46
  • LLYNN
Hey JIMPANZY
Maybe the most spiciest ingredient are from Indian. I ever saw a news from the Internet that in Chengdu there is a food shop selling food of "adnomal hot".Many tasters were to cry or want to jump over the high building after eating that. But still many followers went to eat and then they can't help crying. It is said the ingredient is from Indian. It is horrible.
Nov 1, 2008 04:17
  • LLYNN
Hi, CARLOS Some southern part of China where people's diet are sweet such as Guangxi, Guangdong, Xiamen, Shanghai... but in North people like spicy food better . And that reflect the generally different character between the South and North in China. Peppered steak and strongly flavoured wine, that's cool~
Nov 1, 2008 04:22
  • LLYNN
"I love spicy foods. My wife did everything she could to keep me from eating hot foods in China trying to protect me. :-) "
It is said that eating hot food is somewhat good for health. Do you believe?

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are most of the foreigners inclined to eat less or even no spicy food?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code