Menu
Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
Nov 8, 2008 06:04
  • WANHU
I don't have a photo to show, but this is always my weekend cooking, the dish serves for one person.

Ingredients:
100gm French bean
100gm Cauliflower
100gm young corn (corn shoots)
2 stalks of spring onion
20gm of black fungus
1 tomato
1 Bombay onion (or any onion would do)
4cm thinly sliced ginger
4 cloves garlic
Capsicum
1 carrot
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt (to taste)

Method:
Soak black fungus in the hot water for 20 minuteswash and cut into smaller pieces. Wash thoroughly French beans (remove strings), Cauliflower, spring onion and corn shoots. Garlic is pounced. Cut tomato into 4, onion is thinly sliced, carrot thinly sliced, capsicum is thinly sliced, while thinly sliced ginger is shredded.

Heat cooking oil in the wok (or frying pan). Fry ginger and garlic until brown. Then put 1/4 water, when boiled put corn shoots, tomato, carrot and black fungus for 2 minutes then add salt, sugar and dark soy sauce. Add French bean and Cauliflower after one minute add onion and spring onion. Corn flour is added to 1/4 cup of water and pour into the wok to thicken, stir the mixed vegetables for 1 minute --- ready to eat.
Nov 9, 2008 19:36
  • XIAOXIAO
Wanhu, thanks for sharing. Maybe, you can show us a photo when you cook this dish next time. Just want to see how it looks like.
Nov 9, 2008 23:50
  • WANHU
Dear Xiaoxiao
Actually I have the photo but too large a size, because some publishers prefer the photos to be raw, at least 4MB each. Anyway, I will try to meet your request, thanks.

I also have recipes for soups and other health drinks but unfortunately they were Chinese handwritten and I can't read Chinese. They were handed down to us by my paternal grandpa. Usually I would go to medicine shop and see a sinseh, and he would dispense the materials as mentioned in the recipes.
Sep 3, 2009 06:45
GUESTTEO Hey! I was wondering if anyone could help me by giving me some arabic preyers so I can copy them out as I am making a torah for school! Please email me or reply on this Guestbook! Thank you! I love the website by the way!.
I am from Timor and also now teach English, tell me right I wrote the following sentence: "Wallace stevens's thermal market of mineral, harmonium."

Thank 8) Teo.
Sep 13, 2009 02:44
  • WANHU
Teo
What kind of Arabic prayers you're looking for? Anyway this site is for Chinese food and not for prayers thus you can message or email me and I will ask some friends to assist. I am not an English teacher, but i think Wallace Stevens' thermal... should be more appropriate.
Wan
May 26, 2010 19:21
  • MIKEROCHA
I see the recipe calls for cooking in a wok. My dad was born in Shanghai. He taught me the best wok cooking is done over natural gas because of the quick heat. Unfortunately, my house has only electric. Does anyone have some opinions on electric woks? I was considering to buy such a small appliance, but I could always use a regular metal wok on the stove.

Last edited by MIKEROCHA: May 26, 2010 19:27
Jun 13, 2010 20:11
  • WANHU
Dear Mike
I have not been online quite for some time due to my travel. One June 8 came back from Shenzhen. Tehn I went back to my hometown to see my ailing mom. You can find a Chinese mobile kiln (minnan: ang lo) that using charcoal if you do not have gas stove. In fact it tastes better if we cook using charcoal.
Wan
Post a Reply to: Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code