Menu
Cultural Exchange
Nov 14, 2008 00:19
  • WANHU
Some Chinese students are invited to undergo a cultural exchange programme during summer in the United States for 10-16 weeks. For registration, a student needs to pay 2500RMB then the organiser will conduct test for written and spoken English. If selected, the student will be asked 30,000RMB for the payment.

Is this organisation (http://www.cultureexchange.org/) reliable? I tried to read the English version but couldn't open it. What will these young students do in the USA? Thanks.

Wan
Nov 14, 2008 04:01
  • GAFFER
I opened the site ok...in Chinese, but the English version page "Cannot be Found". There is also no facility to copy and paste on the page. However, it seems to be a combination of Home Stay and Internship through a company called Smith Barnet International. A US J-1 visa is provided for short term work experience (8-16 weeks).
Nov 14, 2008 09:02
  • WANHU
Thanks so much Gaffer
Nov 14, 2008 09:36
  • WANHU
Some students in Guangzhou are pestering their parents to support them in this programme, because coming b
Nov 14, 2008 09:50
  • WANHU
1) Some students in Guangzhou are pestering their poor parents to support them in this programme, hoping for a good resume writing when they come back to China.
2) 2500RMB (registration fee), and 30,000RMB inclusive of flight tickets and accommodation?
3) If the organiser is unreliable, I dread to think what will happen to these young students.
4) Could someone enlighten me with more information?
TQVM
Wan
Nov 14, 2008 13:23
  • CARLOS
Just googling, could not find UECE inc. Nor could find Smith Barnet international.
From internet I have found some information, persons etc I really did not expect to find. Not to find those companies makes me wonder...

Wan, if sometimes, now it is time to be very careful.

Carlos
Nov 15, 2008 12:33
  • WANHU
These students, especially young girls are too excited to listen to reasons. They even argued with their parents. They never think of unwanted things they may encounter, they just simply jump the bandwagon. I will try my best to make them see things and choose. Thanks Carlos,
Wan
Nov 16, 2008 19:31
  • LEONARDO
The website says the program is organized by an American Agency called Smith Barney. The organizer says the program aims to provide a chance for Chinese students (middle school and university students) to do their internship in big companies in USA like Sheraton.
Post a Reply to: Cultural Exchange
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code