Menu
HAS ANYONE GONE TO SANXINGDUI IN SICHUAN?
Jan 29, 2009 03:52
  • IRACUBET
Dear All,

I'm back with my final confirmed plan - March 15-25.

(15-16-17)
Day 1-3 - Central Chengdu (arrival nite)
- Panda Breeding Center (Dy1)
- Sanxingdui (dy1)
- Happy Valley (dy2)
- Sichuan Opera (dy 2 Nite)

(18-19-20-21)
Day 4-8 - JiuZhaiGou
- Huanglong Scenic Area
- Songpan or thereabouts (horse-riding)

(22)
Day 9 - Leshan
- Zigong (Dinosaur Museum)

(23)
Day 10 - JianMen Shudao

(24-25)
Day11 - Chengdu Area Shopping

Any counter suggestions?
Jan 30, 2009 02:03
  • ELLYSE
You could fit in Jinli old street on the same day as the panda reserve and Sanxingdui museum.
Note that 18-21/3 is only 4 days, but you named it as "day 4-8" which's 5 days?!?
Feb 1, 2009 09:45
  • TRAVISLIU
Hi,

I don't think JianMen Shudao is worth you going...I prefer to other place to go. The rather that JianMen Shudao is so far...
Feb 2, 2009 02:53
  • IRACUBET
Dear All,

Anyone knows whether we could do a shorter horse trekking than 2 days at Songpan? I want the kids to learn a new experience, but I think 2-3 days would be an overkill for them. If not, we might go to Xiling Mt instead for skiing. Btw, is there snow in March? hahhhaha...btw, does anyone know whether where we could book discounted flight tickets to JiuZhai Gou? The last time we were at Kunming, we got 60% off the standard rate to Lijiang from the Youth International Hosteling. Any similar ones in Chengdu?
Feb 2, 2009 11:16
  • TRAVISLIU
Hi,

Sorry there's almost no snow in Xiling Mt. in March.
I don't really know where will you go by horse from Songpan county. But I recommend you take late flight from Chengdu to Jiuzaigou, then you will spend next whole day there, the third day you can go to Huanglong (very nice Mt. and 162km from Jiuzaigou). Songpan is a normal small county in Tibetan area, some like the town in the entrance of Jiuzaigou.

There's almost 20% discount off for the ticket to Jiuzaigou. But I prefer you to use a travel agent to deal with the flight, hotel and ticket in Jiuzaigou. The travel agent only arrange the food, flight, hotel and ticket, you can be free in Scenic Area. It's hard for a foreigner to deal with everything by yourself.
Feb 3, 2009 01:06
  • IRACUBET
Dear TravisLiu,

Thanks again. Wow...you are answering my questions to the point. So grateful. I am overseas chinese and has travelled very often in China, so I think we might be comfortable DIY. Btw, I didn't quite understand your answer to my Zigong question. Are you saying that I should...

* Chengdu bus to visit Leshan (1 Day)...depart from Leshan to Zigong approx 3-4pm and stay overnight...>>> Zigong (1 day)..at Dinosaur museum, and hop on a bus (last bus at 8pm) back to Chengdu. Would train be faster?
Feb 3, 2009 05:02
  • ELLYSE
Hmm, I previously helped another couple with their flight and hotel arrangements for Jiuzhaigou and Chengdu and they were pretty happy to do the sightseeing themselves. :)
Feb 3, 2009 06:56
  • TRAVISLIU
There's no train from from Leshan to Zigong...

Never try to take train in Sichuan, it's very slow and bad service.

Highway is very convenient here and I never take train.
Feb 3, 2009 22:59
  • IRACUBET
Dear Eyllse,

Thanks. Do I take it that you could provide my some details or assistance too? hahhha...anyway...you are a singaporean in Shanghai...working or studying?
Feb 4, 2009 22:26
  • ELLYSE
Studying. Currently in Singapore for holidays. If you need me to help, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg Iracubet) in the subject line, thanks. :)
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: HAS ANYONE GONE TO SANXINGDUI IN SICHUAN?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code