Menu
Compiling and publishing threads and responses
Nov 23, 2008 00:21
  • WANHU
TCG indeed is well liked and sought after by both visitors and good hearted local people. Some of the threads and responses are knowledge and information, to guide members and guide about China.

With proper editing, it would be nice for the owner of TCG to publish all these experiences for people to benefit. Most people, I believe, are looking forward to seeing such a publication, and in fact TCG could get a small token of monetary profit to support this website.

Wan
Nov 23, 2008 00:47
  • WANHU
In fact, the guide book can be divided into either provinces or cities, perhaps publish in series. With proper index, it will be the best guide book ever.

Just a thought.
Nov 23, 2008 01:13
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Hi Wanhu,

Thanks for your useful suggestion. We will take your suggestion into consideration.

Community Moderators
Nov 23, 2008 08:47
  • JABAROOTOO
There are many good Guide books on China and most of the larger cities of China have their own pretty good guides in English.

What gets psoted here on this forum and others like it is often very specific or very general

I personally do not think there is much need or value in another 'guide book' as such.
Nov 23, 2008 09:21
  • WANHU
1) Well, you're right, Jab but those books are not published by TCG. Further, with proper editing, it would be an important addendum to the handful of published guide books available. TCG moderators can decide which are to be included or omitted.

2) Some people are too lazy to surf for information over the net, or refer back to the past threads and responses, thus having a guide book will be good for them.

3) I never used guidebook when travelling, and I prefer hands-on experience with local guide. It's just a thought.

Wan
Post a Reply to: Compiling and publishing threads and responses
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code