Menu
Advise on moving to Sanya
Jan 16, 2009 15:09
GUEST12124 Hello all, I am a single, professional US citizen (but not your avg american), male. I am moving to Sanya w/ several co-workers for a few years. Looking forward to meeting locals, eating local food, sightseeing, and enjoying Sanya. Any recommendations on what's a good area to live w/ markets, shops, restaurants, but also safe and not too expensive.

Two of my friends have already rented apartments as they visited Sanya, but I stayed behind in Beijing, so I will like to have a good idea on were to go. Also good restaurants, coffee houses/shops, and everything in general. Will like to meet professional and english/mandarin speaking people with fun and an outgoing personality. Email me at havabier @ cox. net if you should have any input.

Thanks
Apr 25, 2009 08:45
GUEST51189 Have a look at Zhuo Da complex on the edge of town, on the way out to Haiku. You might be able to pick something up in Phase 1, about 6 years old, at a reasonable price. Good security, athletic area, market across the street, a few expats. Take bus, bike, taxi, or car 3 km to beach. A 2 bedroom might run u about 500,000-600,000, but don't worry, it'll go up.
Mar 30, 2012 02:01
GUEST64580 Hello there! can anybody give me some information about good suppliers or where to buy good food for hotels and restaurants in Sanya? We need to attend some events there and we would like to find as much stuff as possible there
Feb 2, 2014 02:24
GUEST99114 Hi there, I'll be relocating to Sanya soon so would like anyone's input or experiences on the following?
1. Where to buy decent or good grade furniture in Sanya. I could get some custom made in Bali (real cheap) and ship over but just weighing the pros and cons.
2. All the times I've been to Sanya, the bed is as hard as rock unless you stay in them 5 stars resort. Any place you could find good comfortable bed?
3. Does anyone has got contacts for property rental in Serenity Coast area?
4. BBQs - Are you able to purchase Weber BBQs with the suitable outlets for China?
5. What's an Ikea equivalent in Sanya?
Appreciate any reply. Thank you.
Mar 8, 2014 00:48
GUEST12439 Hello. I am also soon relocating to Sanya. I am a little bit scared about having a proper social life. How is the expat community? Will it be easy to make friends with other foreigners and lead a "normal" life??
Jun 1, 2014 04:06
  • FLYINGTIGER
If you are moving to Sanya, the proper social life you are referring to was left behind. You are now a Chinese for all intents and purposes. The expat community you are referring to exists in Shanghai and Beijing. Better get used to it. The word, normal, is no longer in your vocabulary. You can try the English department at the university. If nothing else they have an English speaking gathering every weekend, hosted by the British expat teacher. You can ask where can I buy this or that. If you are fluent in Russian, you can meet many Russian tourists at Dadong Hai Beach, but they can't speak a word of English. 99% of foreigners you will pass downtown are Russian. You need to find some hobbies, because you won't have English friends. If you bring a guitar, you might become a rock sensation. Chinese are crazy about people who perform regardless of their lack of ability.

Jul 15, 2015 15:24
GUEST01638 Moving to Sanya with our 2 kids (3 and 1 year old) in September.
Can we buy decent furniture there?
Are there any playgroups for children with other expats?
Expat groups?

Tia
Dec 28, 2016 07:01
GUESTJANET Are you still in Sanya?
Email me - yahoo.com|janetlamprecht
We are a couple from SA moving there in March
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Advise on moving to Sanya
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code