Menu
L-Visa to Z- Visa
Nov 27, 2008 11:57
  • WHATAM8
Hi everybody,
I have been reading the forums about changing from L-Visa to Z-Visa (work visa), but let me explain my situation and the questions I have.
I have a 30 day tourist visa, I will be going in January to search for work in Qingdao, China.
On reading the forums its seems that my plan to change the L to Z-visa is impossible and I will have to head for Hong Kong or Macau.
If I find a school in Qingdao, what will I need from them to apply for a Z-visa?
Do I need a Visa for Hong Kong or Macau?
My Visa is 30 days do I have to wait for those 30 days to finish before I apply for a Z-visa? Or can I simple apply for it as soon as I reach HK or MC?
How long does it normally take to get the Z-visa?

Many thanks in advance, any other tips would be great.
Nov 27, 2008 23:24
  • CCSHANGHAI
If you don't have enough time to applu Z visa, you can renew you L visa first. All the L visa can be renewed for two times and each time for 30 days. If you want to stay longer or your school can't help you with Z visa, we can help to renew your visa for 6 month F visa or 12 month F visa. Please feel free to contact me.
ccshanghai.com.cn|christine
www.ccshanghai.com.cn
Nov 29, 2008 10:38
  • JABAROOTOO
Let's get this point clear.

A Z visa is still only good for 30 days after entry to China.

It must be converted to a Permanent Residency Permit which is only issued if you have a job and all the paperwork and medical to go with it and must be processed within a 30 period from your date of arrival.

An F visa if you can get one is better. Don't bother applying for multi entry Z visa as it is a waste of money

Depending on the situation you may not have to leave China to apply for Z visa but be prepared to do so. Why not secure a job before you arrive. Qingdao has a lot to a offer
Nov 29, 2008 12:14
  • APAULT
AND despite the visa agencies offer of getting you an F visa, you are still not legally entitled to be employed on one by a Chinese employer......though many people do work while on an F....as I have done :)

On an F visa you can legally work here if you are employed by an overseas company, or by a Chinese business funded from overseas.
Nov 29, 2008 18:33
GUEST97118 What paperwork do you need to get the Z visa in HK?
I heard you need a medical health check then give that to your employer then they can apply to have you working there.
How does that work?
Dec 2, 2008 00:05
  • MOSSIMO
It's actually very troublesome to get a Z visa.

You need lots of paper works. But most of all, you need a company to hire you first.

If your school is in Qingdao, you can apply for an X visa.

And it's more than just health check. you need to get permission to work in China By the PSB first.

and also, later an alien employment liscense from the Labor bureau, only with the liscense can you apply an Z visa.

Well, if you are in Guangzhou, I have this agent, whose service is ok.

ciicgz.com|Jason
020-87677527
Dec 2, 2008 22:57
  • BJLEEO
To apply for a residence permit for work (work visa), please refer to the following link.
http://www.cn-visa.com/zvisa_application.asp

It takes quite a long time. Thus don't worry about you cannot use up your 30 days.

You need to prepare some documents before you leave for HK or Macau.
Work license 2 weeks for the authority to deal with
Official invitation letter (or called visa notification letter) 1 week

It doesn't include the time which you prepare the documents and are reject because of lack of documents and re-prepare... The 3 weeks are only the processing time for the authorities...

The information above is based in Beijing. There may be some minor difference from city to city.
Dec 3, 2008 00:15
  • APAULT
If you have a proper job offer from an accredited employer of foreigner it is not much trouble to get a Z visa.. Much of the paperwork must be supplied by the employer, so their is a delay if they haven't prepared this or are slow in doing so. Of course you need to provide copies of your passport, qualifications and so on. You do NOT need to do the health check to get a Z visa. You can do that as part of the residency per mit application after you have arrived. If anyone insists on you submitting the form for the Z visa, just do the first part that are your answers and leave blank the ones the doctors do.

Your employer mustr apply for the residence permit within 30 days of your arrival. It does not matter that it takes about 3 weeks except that you cannot leave China. Once youn have residency you can exit and re-enter as often as you like.

Most countries have complex applications for worrk visas, China's requirements are probably easier than most.
Dec 4, 2008 05:25
GUEST24768 What is your nationality and what is your tipe of your visa now?
if you have the L/F visa right now, we can renew it to 6 month continous F visa with 2 entries, without you leaving the country.

we need you can to prepare the same things:
1. Passport with valid visa 2 weeks before expired
2. 2 Photographs (2 inches size)

We need 10 working days to processing of your renewel visa.
Pls call: Rina 13226622855.
Guangzhou
Dec 16, 2008 06:28
GUEST10107 I have X visa and want to change it to F visa but don't know how to do it. Also, i have found a school that wants to employ me and can acquire a Z visa for me. Can X visa be changed to a Z visa?
Dec 25, 2008 22:00
  • APAULT
Guest10107.... if this is not too late. You cannot change a visa type, you apply for a new visa according to the rules for that type. For a Z visa you will almost certainly have to exit the mainland. It is not usually necessary for getting an F visa. Each will need supporting documents from the employer (or perhaps sponsor for the F (business) visa). The school should know what to do to get the Z visa. The F visa is straightforward in genuine cases but you are not supposed to work on one, so in the latter situation the business might need to 'discusss' the matter with the local PSB office. Also in this situation I am not sure there is any great advantage changing from an X to an F, until the X expires.

Of course, pou can also consider using the services one of the agencies that will assist getting visas.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: L-Visa to Z- Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code