Menu
L-Visa to Z- Visa
Jul 21, 2009 09:40
GUESTHEMAL will you pls reply to me where are you and what you are going to do with my money ????
will you return my money or not ?

Jul 25, 2009 09:27
GUEST51112 Hello together,
I once heard that foreigners who are owning an apartment in China, get the visa easier, but that this is nowadays no more the case. Because in China always there are changes, may be changes of the changes, I would like to know if there is may be still an advantage for those.
I would appreciate your feedback
Best regards
dirk
Aug 23, 2009 02:17
GUESTASHOK pls tell me how can i get visa for staying in china for more then six month. ?

ashok chanderia
yahoo.com|ashok_chandaria2000
Aug 23, 2009 02:31
  • APAULT
Guedstashok. Visas for greater than 6 months may be issued for study (X visa), employment (Z and J visas), having a close relative (L Visa) in China (actually the visas are for 30 days but they are exchanged for temporary residence permits after you arrive). You might also get aq multiple entry visa as a tourist (L visa) or for business (F visa) which is valid more a year but you will have to exit the mainland from time to time (in my case every 2 months, but it could be more often). Please see www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/introduction1.htm and the pages beneath it
Dec 21, 2009 23:58
  • SMILE1212
Hello

The policy is so strict ,if you want to convert your L visa to Z Visa ,you have to go to HK or your own country ,and there 4 steps to apply for a Z visa ,
1.Employment certificate (10 working days )
2Invitation letter (5 working das)
And then take them to go to HK or your own country ,and apply for Z visa(it's valid for 1 month)
3work permit (5working days)
4residence permit (Z visa)(5 working days)

If you any question,you can contact me !

Amanda
TEL:86-13811424228
MSN/EMAIL:hotmail.com|amanda-vie
Dec 24, 2009 13:39
GUEST22666 My husband just go hired by a company in Hangzhou. They said he needs to go back to his point of origin and wait for the necessary documents to apply for a Z visa.

Can't he convert his L visa to Z visa without leaving China?
Jan 4, 2010 20:30
  • SMILE1212
he has to go back to his country or HK,he can't convert his L visa to Z visa without leaving china
Jan 5, 2010 03:13
  • WHATAM8
Hey everybody,
I'm the original poster of this question. The short answer to this question is that if you find work in China and you have an L-visa the company will change it for you.
I came here on a L-visa and my welfare officer thought we might have problems because the beijing Olymipics had just finished and China was still being rather strict with changing L-visas. So he was worried that we might have to go to Hong Kong to change the visas over and that we would to have to incur the costs of the trip too.
But (after a lengthy dicussion over many Ganbeis of baijiu with him) he told us that China is very apt to "it's who you know and how much money you have". With a "little bit" of backed handed cash and some good connections with certian officers at the police station you can get anyone a Z-visa.
So really what i'm saying is, if you find work in China while in China, if they have hired foreigners before then there is a good chance the company will be able to change it for you without problems and without asking you to foot the bill.
I guess it's really down to the company you work for.
Jan 5, 2010 23:36
  • SMILE1212
But now in beijing the policy is so strict and you can't convet the L visa to Z visa without leaving china !
Jan 6, 2010 05:55
  • APAULT
There is no such thing as converting a visa from one type to another. But you can apply for a new visa.

According to a pamphlet I read in one PSB it is permitted to obtain a Z visa in China. However, the system in China is that for each central law or rule, each province and each office implements as it sees fit. Thus it depends on the connections the business has or can build with the local PSB Exit and Entry Office. The applicant's nationality is also likely to make a difference, some nationalities are less welcome than others. The company should make an effort to get the Z visa locally. If it won't make a real effort you should consider whether it is a company worth working for. In China, employers who take you for granted (or worse) are the norm: it's an ill omen when one won't make an effort right at the beginning.

For many nationalities, a trip to HK will enable them to get the Z visa. I have done this. You can also often get the visa in some other third countries if you have residency there.... ie there are many foreign nationals with residency in Australia who do not hold Aussie nationality....most but not all should be able to apply in Aus.

Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: L-Visa to Z- Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code