Menu
L-Visa to Z- Visa
Jan 7, 2010 00:31
  • LEMONCACTUS
The L-Z visa swap has always been like that. It depends upon the integrity of the employer, and their relationship with the local PSB: the familiar guanxi. Ideally I'd advise against it, because not every school is trustworthy. Better to get the paperwork done legally at home, hop over on a Z and get it converted to a residence permit once here. Most decent schools will do this anyway. If you're already here on an L you can try it, if the school thinks they can swing it with the local PSB.

Agree with Smile1212, Beijing is tougher than other places in China, rules are stricter and more likely to be enforced.
Mar 6, 2010 00:27
GUEST74220 i'm hoping that someone will see this post within the next few hours that knows how to help.

my husband left about 3 weeks ago to go to changchun china to teach english there. since the moment that he got there, the company he signed up through has been pretty much screwing him over and ripping him off. he was shown an apartment that he was told would be his, and he was stuck in one that someone had previously vacated, with dirty clothing and kitchen items strewn all over, he was only supposed to work 22 hours a week and so far they've had him working about 30. he was not supposed to work weekends and they've attempted to force him to work them. they took his passport for a week and a half and wouldnt give it back because they claimed to have to do something with his visa, like cataloging it into their system. they are trying to force him to pay 200 USD for an FBI background check that should have been done, at THEIR expense, before he flew there. and the worst thing is, the company ordered him to lie to the school and tell them that he had a teaching degree and experience.. i know its ghastly to do, but he has no choice other than to try running away. if he goes to them and complains about them breaching the contract, it would take a lawyer, which we can't afford and time for the ruling and everything attached and whatnot, and they would make him pay for his stay there. he went there on a z visa, and i need to know, hopefully right away if anyone watches this forum closely, if he can leave on that visa if he just plans on coming back to the US. i keep hearing about exit visas and how it takes time to get them but this is an emergency and idk what he's going to do if he needs one, we can't afford it, nor can we wait on it. please help!
May 27, 2010 01:01
GUEST37232 waqas haider bajwa is biggest cheater stay away from him he cheated 4200usd of mine.

if you find him pls contact me on my mail id : hotmail.com|hemal_paras

hemal nandu
Sep 7, 2010 01:05
GUEST65201 hi there! i have a friend who is in beijing right now i would like to know if you have branch there for her to be able to process the extension of her f or z visa tnx
Sep 9, 2010 08:45
  • APAULT
GUEST74220: Unfortunately this is an all too common problem. If you or anyone finds themselves in thsi situation get out asap...or immediately after you get your residency, if that is applicable - and in these situations usually isn't.
Sep 9, 2010 08:49
  • APAULT
GUEST65201: TCG is not a visa agency, but there are various agencies in Bj. It should be easy enough to do a search and find one.

Z visas CANNOT be extended, only commuted to a temporary residence permt by your employer. You can apply for a new F visa if you get some supporting documentation...if you are not entirely genuine for an F visa and have no suitable contacts, use an agent
Sep 14, 2010 22:09
  • FRANKLUCAS
I think it's convientment to apply Z visa when you get a job.
There are four steps to apply work visa:
Steps of helping foreigners who work in school get work visa. We can just help you in the second step.You can do the other steps by yourself.
Step-1) Apply for "expert license””: ---it will take 11 working days
Step-2) Apply for temporary Z visa
One Option:We could convert L/F visa to temporary Z visa in the Mainland:Service fee for "Conversion in the Mainland"
The other Option:Apply temorary Z visa with Z invitation letter in Hongkong
Step-3)“expert permit”
---it will take 5 working days, means 1 week;
Step-4)“Residence Permit”:
---It means extend your Work Visa or Residence Permit which is been done in Step 2 to a "12-month valid Residence Permit";
---it will take 5 working days;
Dec 17, 2010 01:30
GUESTNAGA I am 65 years old and hold British passport. I have already got a job with a multinational company to work as a site representative in Qingdao. Will I be able to get the necessory work visa?

Naga
Dec 17, 2010 03:31
  • JOHNNASH
It is up to your employer, if he can provide you the Alien Work Permit and Visa Notification Form issued by an authorized Chinese government unit, you can apply for [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/work.htm]China Work Visa[/tcgurl]
Dec 18, 2010 15:33
  • APAULT
If it is a multinational, the company could employ you overseas and pay you there,or they can contract you as an independant to avoid employment laws in the external country. Then you can work on an F (business) Visa.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: L-Visa to Z- Visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code