Menu
any english speakers in Zhanjiang
Nov 28, 2008 02:37
  • HALEBANK
I am English/American currently working in Zhanjiang and would like to meet other English speaking people.
Last edited by HALEBANK: Feb 10, 2009 07:26
Dec 15, 2008 19:59
  • ALLYHOUSE
Hi,Halebank,

The fast and cheap way to Hong Kong?

I would like to suggest that you get the coach (Zhanjiang To Guangzhou,Maybe 5~6hous),then go to Guangzhou EASTERN railway station by Train to HK(2 hours),I think it is the fast and cheap way you can do.

Zhanjiang to Guangzhou : RMB 60~250 (by speedway)
Guangzhou to HK : RMB 167 or HKD 190 (by Train)

Warn welcome to Zhanjiang,I hope that you have been to LONG HAI TIAN already and LOU ZHOU ISLAND,2 islands outside of the downtown.The scenery is so beautiful there ...etc..

If you need any help,please add my MSN : hotmail.com|allyqianni ,or skype : allyhouse.Wanna be your friends.

Take care
Allyhouse
Dec 18, 2008 11:19
  • APAULT
I don't think you will find buses less than 75 rmb and the norm is 160rmb. For the cheap ones, try asking students from the normal university in Chikan as they leave from their, mostly overnighters I believe. There are also cheap ones advertised near that uni. .... I have fiorgotton the name of the park beneat the uni, buit opposite the park is a department store and supermarket. Just along that street opposite where the 'village buses' park is a small food shop with an ad for 75 rmb buses. I tried to find the place they sent me to, just 'over there' she said, but no-one knew it. Get someone to help you and you will do better than me (and that was just yesterday, by the way).

Expats: there is one UK teacher and about 4 young US teachers at the normal uni. No idea about foreign teachers in the Ocean Uni. No 2 Middle school normally employs 1 or 2 foreign teachers. Some of the others do too. I agree it is rare to meet other foreigners in Zj though.
Dec 21, 2008 01:42
  • HALEBANK
I was on the train going to Hong Kong and bunped into a woman from Australia on her way to do some shopping, she was married to a doctor working in China. I explained my position and she said in order to get my passport stamped I didn't need to go to Hong Kong. She said there was a train that crossed the border and you simply got off the train crossed the line had your passport stamped and returned to Guangzhou. She informed me it was only an hour outside Guangzhou and therefore cheaper and quicker. Unfortunately I can find nothing under the place - I thought she said Zhanjen. I only have a sixty day multiple entry visa and will have to make the journey in January. Have you any info that might be of help?
Feb 9, 2009 18:31
  • ATHOME
Hi,

Are you still in Zhanjiang?

We moved here 3 weeks ago, and will be here a year, so are keen to meet some local English speakers.

Catherine and Roger
Feb 15, 2009 21:57
  • TOMO
Hi,

I am new to Zhanjiang and would welcome meeting other English speakers.

Thomas
Jun 7, 2009 14:56
GUEST53250 Hi,
I'm planning to visit Zhanjiang mid next month first arriving to Hong Kong. How is the best way (not flying) to go to Zhanjiang?

Hans
Nov 23, 2009 15:14
GUEST33246 Hope you have found some english speakers in Zhanjiang. where are you guys staying in zhanjiang?
Jan 8, 2010 02:42
GUEST21193 Hi, Our family is new in Zhanjiang and would like to meet some other English spreakers. If any of you have children our kids would love some English friends too.
Jan 26, 2010 20:14
GUEST02130 Hello , maybe my reply is too late , i am in zhanjiang , and i am speak english .

if you like , you can contact my MSN hotmail.com|sanjayid
Jan 27, 2010 22:47
GUESTJOEL MO... Greetings , I have just submitted an article on the early postcards of Zhanjiang ... when it was Kouang Tcheou Wan ... the leasehold under the French to the Journal ( actually a Newsletter "of the " Indochina Philatelic Society . I have lots of information .. old maps , books etc . I have sent letters to mChina to see if there are archives from the French period in Zhanjian ...no answer . I could do a book ... is there any interest ?
Regards
Joel Montague ( USA. )
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: any english speakers in Zhanjiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code