Menu
Could anyone help?
Dec 6, 2008 01:30
  • WANHU
My friend will be going to Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Guangzhou this coming Dec 25 and returns on Dec 31. As he needs to undergo dialysis for every three days, he asks for my assistance. The problem is I know only Peking University Shenzhen Hospital in SZ and Nanfang Hospital in GZ. Both hospitals provide dialysis service but the cost is too high for him. While other hospitals either need one-month advanced notice or no more beds to offer.

I stumbled upon Shenzhen Wu Zhou Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Nanshan in my search, that provides cheaper dialysis service. What do you think of this hospital? Thank you very much for your would be response(s).
Wan
Dec 9, 2008 18:55
  • WANHU
A Ms Connie Yuan sent an email to me, and I'd like to share the information with you. This hospital, I am told, although not a public hospital, but it's a good hospital, that provides 24/7 service. For the first timer, he/she needs to undergo the screening test for infectious disease(s) 300 Yuan and dialysis 480RMB. I think the price is quite reasonable although it is cheaper at home. Appointments and registration may also be done online.
Wan
Mar 22, 2009 05:41
  • CURESOON
Hi, Wan

Dialysis is big deal, so Choose a good hospital is Important, you should not just compare the price, it also depend on the ability and service of The Department of Nephrology。

In Guangzhou, We recommend 3 Hospitals,

The 1st Affiliated Hospital Of Sun-Yan-Sen University
GuangDong General Hospital (Guangdong Provincial Hospital)
The 2nd Affiliated Hospital Of Sun-Yan-Sen University

Like the The 1st Affiliated Hospital Of Sun-Yan-Sen University

There are 120 beds, 60 hemodialysis machines in their department, which comprises three individual clinical wards as well as Hemodialysis Center, Renal Research Laboratory and the Editorial Department of Chinese Journal of Nephrology. Every year the hospital provide medical care for a lot of patients, which means about 2000 inpatients,180 continuous peritoneal dialysis patients, 150-200 renal transplants, and over 29000 times hemodialysis (191 of the patients dialysis regularly),600-800 times renal biopsy.

For any Medical and Health Consult, Pls feel free to Contact me

T:+86 20 8902 4686
H.P: +86 135 8030 2493
Email: hotmail.com|thomaspxj
MSN: hotmail.com|thomaspxj

Mar 22, 2009 13:24
  • WANHU
Dear Curesoon
Thank you very much for your information. Actually a friend of mine (a Malaysian), has been undergoing hemodialysis treatment for the past 12 years, 3 times a week. Thus if he needs to visit some countries, he should also visit a hospital for his hemodialysis. Last year, in November he and his wife decided to go to Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Guangzhou on 12/25-31 thus I started asking around all my contacts but unfortunately most hospital beds were full, including Nanfang Hospital in Tianhe and GD Provincial People's Hospital (near the Martyrs' Park metro station).

It was fortunate that one of my contacts informed me that Wuzhou Integrated Hospital in Nanshan also provided the service, including Sundays. So I made an appointment and sent him there. It was really a good hospital with new machines, 3 machines per room. I do take note the names of the hospital as mentioned as well as your contact number(s). Should I need assistance, I will gladly contact your good self. Is there any possibility of renal transplant for him and what is the probable cost? Thank you.
Wan

Post a Reply to: Could anyone help?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code