Menu
[Guangzhou]Find one NATIVE English teacher to teach me
Dec 15, 2008 20:13
  • ALLYHOUSE
Hello,

This is Ally,I would like to find a native english teacher in GZ to teach me English.Kindly send me email or add my skype : allyhouse to let me know your pay demand.

Thank you!

B.rgds
Ally
Dec 16, 2008 02:34
  • WANHU
Dear Ally
Majority of the people learning English English fall into 2 categories, i) to teach, and ii) to communicate. If you want to teach, by all means you indeed need an English teacher. But if you need only to communicate with English speaking people, personally speaking, your English is not bad. Like me, we practise more to enhance our usage.

Some of my student-friends are using messenger or skype to practise, perhaps it's a good start
Wan
Dec 16, 2008 02:49
  • ALLYHOUSE
Hi,Wan,

I appreciate that getting your response,actually I don't have any native English friends online to talk to,or maybe they don' have time and patient to talk to me.So,i wouldl like to pay them as well.

Actually,I can speak a little English,but my writing skill is very bad.And sometimes I can't understand the English news program,You know,can understand a little ,but not all content and its new vocabularies.A little upset.Just wanna make some impovement on writing.

And as I know that the ONE to ONE teaching is so expensive.I hope those teachers could charge a llittle low from me.^_^...

I am work for an international trade company,I think my english have a big space to impove.I also wanna open a small company in the future...^_^,,,,so,I would like to make some friends here also.

Thank you again.

Ally
Dec 16, 2008 11:50
  • WANHU
Knowing English is an asset nowadays, and many Chinese people are looking forward to studying and understanding English. Through my observations, even graduates with English major fail to speak fluent English simply because they lack in practise, they speak English only during lessons; while at home, meeting friends, during lunch or dinner they speak only Chinese.

No doubt learning English is best if you could find a native English that teaches English. But it is easier said than done. Most of the time these teachers are busy teaching English durng the day, and need rest at night thus won't have ample time to share English lessons with you. Some native speakers of English may speak fluent English but that doesn't mean they are also good teachers.

I used to face the same predicament, and I managed to overcome these constraints through the hard way: reading, conversing, listening, and in the end I had a good harvest. In 2000-2003 I was in-charge of Functional Literacy Education (FLE), and we managed to motivate the rural dwellers as well as community developers appointed by the Community Development Department, to learn and speak English.

I am neither a native English speaker nor an English teacher, but I have a little experience of rendering my service for the rural community development in Malaysia for almost four years, and if you ever need my assistance, you can skype me at one4857. I would be very happy to assist (during my free time).

Wan
Dec 16, 2008 20:23
GUEST16592 Mr Wan
Do you have msn? Thank you
Dec 18, 2008 10:59
  • APAULT
I agree with Wanhu that your written English is already very good so don't worry too much about improving it unless there is a clear reason to. As he says, just use it as much as possible; get as much exposure as you can to evereyday English. You can benefit from reading magazines in an area you are interested in so that you learn jargon as well. One point I can comment based on your post is that you must leave a space after a full stop ('period' to our N American readers), two spaces is better.

Also don't worry too much if you can't understand the news programs.....especially if they are American because I OFTEN have probelms too. American newsreading is very fast and readers often fail to pause after a fullstop. I also reckon to miss around 25% of the dialogue in most US movies and TV dramas. ..... and I am a native English speaker.
Mar 13, 2009 07:33
GUEST52492 I am from Iran and looking for native English friends.
yahoo.com|blendaxban
Mar 14, 2009 09:36
  • WANHU
Dear GUEST16592
I hope it's not too late to respond to your inquiry on Dec 16, 2008. I overlooked your post, and I wish to apologise. My MSN messenger is hotmail.com|one_wh
Wan
Mar 14, 2009 11:14
  • ALLYHOUSE
Dear Apault,

Many thanks for your message,sorry for my late thank.

Sometimes i have to pay more attention on Tense,such like ,when you tell a story,or a joke,or a story,i just sometimes confused the Tense.......But i know i can learn it well.

Many thanks.

Ally
Apr 20, 2009 02:25
GUEST63124 Hi! If anyone out there is looking for some part-time help with their English, I would be happy to offer my services. I am a student of medicine in Guangzhou. My first language is English (I consider myself a native english speaker) and my education throughout has been in international schools under British boards. I also have a basic knowledge of Chinese. If anyone is interested you can email me at gmail.com|vikramshee .
Apr 27, 2009 22:42
  • RACHELLHY
Hi Ally,
I'm Rachel, also work in an Intl' Trading Business Co., now need to incharge tourism project. My major also not English is Maths, but I like English, and now it's a tool of communication in my job. In my free time, I get some private Intl' bussiness for myself cause I think that charge too much to establish a company, and now I have not enough clients to charge the cost ^-^ Maybe future will. If you like, we can be friends and chat on free time. My msn is hotmail.com|rachel666lhy, skype: rachel666lhy.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: [Guangzhou]Find one NATIVE English teacher to teach me
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code