Menu
Boiling eggs without the shells get cracked
Dec 18, 2008 12:52
  • WANHU
If you saw an egg how do you determine it is cooked/hard-boiled or raw? Usually a person will spin the egg, if it spins faster means it is cooked.

When we boil larger quantity of eggs, say 10 trays (each tray has 30 eggs) some of the shells may get cracked. Some people put salt in the boiling water. If you boil 100 pieces of eggs, you add a tablespoon of vinegar, and you'll be surprised, the shells won't get cracked.

Wan

Dec 22, 2008 21:29
  • CHERRY07
Usually a person will spin the egg, if it spins faster means it is cooked.

I know this but I don't understand why. Wanhu, can you explain it to me?

Some people put salt in the boiling water. If you boil 100 pieces of eggs, you add a tablespoon of vinegar, and you'll be surprised, the shells won't get cracked.

Here is another way: Soak eggs in cold water for a while. Then boil them in boiling water. You will find that the eggs won't be broken and it is easy for you to shell them.
Dec 22, 2008 22:51
  • WANHU
Dear Cherry
The egg has yellow yolk that is suspended in the albumen or egg white. When the egg is boiled, both yellow yolk and albumin solidify. Thus it is easier to spin. Like water in a container, you try to spin, it's not as easy as when it turns into ice.
Wan
Post a Reply to: Boiling eggs without the shells get cracked
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code