Menu
Survey: most want to marry doctors
Dec 22, 2008 03:45
  • HELLOKITTY
An international survey shows that doctors are preferred spouses for many people. Medical profession is the most trusted and admired, according to the survey. On the contrary, musicians, actors, journalists and advertisers are the most unwanted marriage partners. About 5,500 respondents in Brazil, Canada, China, France, Malaysia, South Africa and the United States answered the poll.

Sixteen percent voted doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals as their preferred marriage partners, higher than any other profession.

The survey also reveals that educators and doctors are the most trusted professions. Entertainers (actors and singers) are overpaid.
Dec 24, 2008 18:35
  • PROFESSORX2Z
Of course, people want to marry someone who can support them financially. This is the flaw we all share.
Dec 24, 2008 20:31
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh darn... now that I think about it, I should have flirted with that doctor who looked after my broken wrist. :P
Dec 30, 2008 17:33
  • GRIZ326
My Dad told me to marry a doctor so that she could keep me in the style to which I had grown accustomed. :-)
Jan 2, 2009 20:53
  • COOLSPRINGS
I hope my child could become a medical doctor with his own business practice but it's a longer term investment compared with other professional and very expensive.
May 28, 2009 20:18
  • OABMARCUS
Someone to support you, that argument is very flawed actually. If he has so much economic power over you, it puts you into a vulnerable position. He can cheat, flirt and do unspeakable things, and there is very little you can do other than to divorce him.
May 29, 2009 02:48
  • WANHU
Doctors are life savers, majority of them are honest and work diligently, true to their hippocratic oath.
Wan
May 30, 2009 23:20
  • ICEBERG
A doctor with a teacher would be a perfect match!
Jan 29, 2010 00:20
GUEST52074 People are selfish. They hope to marry doctors so that they can be looked when they are ill and hope their doctor or nurse spouse can look after them in their final days.

What they don't know is most doctors lived shorter than the average person and mostly likely their doctor spouse will die first.

I will not want a doctor spoil. They are stubborn, they only believe in what they study and medicines or surgeries. They know nothing much about healthcare.
Jan 30, 2010 05:05
  • WANHU
In Malaysia, particularly my hometown, only doctor (physician) and teacher will carry their names to the graves. Everyone will call a teacher a teacher although he/she has retired and no longer teaching. There are graduate and non-graduate teachers, thus they are paid differently according to their academic qualification. Doctors have to undergo a minimum 5 year-study at a tertiary level and their income probably better than teachers. Majority of them, especially in those private establishments enjoy lucrative income. Good income spells good future, so parents like their daughters especially marry to these medical professionals.
Wan
Feb 1, 2010 02:37
  • LIONPOWER
Every where have good or bad man. Some doctor house some time called as slaughterhouse house.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Survey: most want to marry doctors
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code