Menu
No toilets in Chinese banks!
Dec 23, 2008 00:33
  • KUNGFUPANDA
I don't remember this happens in which movie I have watched: a guy wanna pee but he can't find a toilet. Suddenly, he sees there is bank. Without other means, he goes into the bank and asks if he can use the toilet in the bank. The security officer glances at him for a second and lets him in. This is cool! But you shouldn't expect the same thing to happen in Chinese banks. Because there are no toilets in the banks.

A few days ago, a guy in Chengdu had a fight with the security officer in a bank. He was queuing in the bank to withdraw money. After waiting for a long time, he wanted to the toilet. However, there was no toilet in that bank. So he peed in the hall under the watchful eyes of the other people. It was very rude to pee in public. But the guy had no other way. There was no toilet in the bank. If he went out to find a toilet, he needed to queue again.

The bank explained that it was not allowed to establish the toilets in the banks and the public security organs in consideration of security. Is this a good excuse?

There is another report: It said that a woman wet her pants when queuing in the bank.

To pee in the bank is a wrong and rude behaviour. But the government really should think about this problem. Please don't let more people wet their pants or pee in the banks.
Dec 23, 2008 18:48
  • JIMMYB
That's why I always go to the toilet first if I want to withdraw or deposit my money in the banks.
Dec 24, 2008 01:29
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
That story sounds awful. I never had to wait more than a minute in line at my bank, perhaps the answer is not adding lavatories to banks but hiring additional clerks or building new branches of the bank to get customers back on there way. Much like the Starbucks strategy, you never have to venture far for a 5 dollar frap.
Dec 26, 2008 09:55
  • WANHU
Well Kungfu, someone with a full bladder needs to deposit somewhere outside the bank before making withdrawal or deposit. In my country, banks do not provide lavatories to the public. Not having a lavatory does not warrant a bank customer to urinate in public.
Wan
Dec 29, 2008 03:50
  • KATRINA
Not having a lavatory does not warrant a bank customer to urinate in public.

Very reasonable, Wanhu. But I am wondering if the bank can build a lavatory outside.

The bank explained that it was not allowed to establish the toilets in the banks and the public security organs in consideration of security. Is this a good excuse?

It is easy to find a reasonable excuse. Why can't they solve the problem thoroughly?
Dec 30, 2008 08:16
  • APAULT
I used a toilet in a branch of the Bank of China in Shijiazhuang. The secuity guard happily let me pass the security door!
Dec 30, 2008 08:19
  • APAULT
Oh, and in the western countries I know, I would never expect to find a toilet in a bank. Equally, there is as big a shortage of toilets in the towns as China (actually, China is not too bad on this issue).

Well done Macdonalds... I would never eat your food, but I always know where to go to relieve myself. Socially aware Maccas, wow, I never thought I would say it!
Jan 4, 2009 20:14
  • JIMMYB
I used a toilet in a branch of the Bank of China in Shijiazhuang. The secuity guard happily let me pass the security door!

You were lucky, Paul. I doubt whether they would let you in if you were a Chinese. By the way, it seems that BOC has different standards in different regions. BOC in Shijiazhuang has toilet. But there is no toilet in BOC of Chengdu. Seriously, if the staff in the bank wanna use the toilet, where do they go?

Well done Macdonalds... I would never eat your food, but I always know where to go to relieve myself. Socially aware Maccas, wow, I never thought I would say it!

I use the toilet in KFC once. As for the Macdonalds, I have no good impression on them. When I had my trip in Wuhan, I found that there was no toilet in Macdonalds beside the Hankou Railway Station. However, I noticed that the KFC not far away from the station had toilets and people could use them for free. I was wondering why there was no toilet in Macdonalds beside the train station. Were they afraid that people used their toilets?
Post a Reply to: No toilets in Chinese banks!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code