Menu
Beware: fake banknotes rages in China
Jan 15, 2009 01:31
  • LEONARDO

Has anybody been cheated by the conterfeit RMB 100 banknotes? As the festive season (Spring Festival) is coming, cash transactions are high. Be careful, the 100-yuan banknotes starting with the serial numbers of HD90 are fake. The counterfeit banknotes have been found in most of the Chinese provinces.

The ‘HD90 fake banknotes’ can even cheat “the low quality cash detectors”. The People’s Bank of China has confirmed that some fake notes with ‘ HD90’ are elaborately made and have magnetic strips and charaters similar to the Braille, which could fail the cash detectors.

However, some telltale signs could be easily made out with the naked eyes. People can identified the fake from the watermark and quality. China’s Central Bank has urged people to be vigilant.

Be careful, when you receive 10-yuan banknotes!

Jan 15, 2009 01:34
  • LEONARDO
The fake 100-yuan banknotes starting with the serial number "HD90".

Jan 15, 2009 03:47
GUESTHK The forged banknotes were also found in Hong Kong. It was reported to have been manufacutured in a fraud syndicate in Taiwan. They produced fake banknotes worthy of RMB100 million.
Jan 18, 2009 03:38
GUESTAVON Due to the spread of fake banknotes, my employer won't my year-end bonus in cash. We will be paid by transfer.
Jan 30, 2009 16:38
  • WANHU
I am told and seen a few counterfeit China banknotes of 100, 50 and 20 and they can easily be detected by a naked eye. The problem is, during rush hours we tend to forget. The hands of the tellers are better than the money vending machines, and able to detect most counterfeits. Through my experience, I always exchange to Chinese Yuan at an authorised moneychanger.

Wan
Post a Reply to: Beware: fake banknotes rages in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code