Menu
For the sake of happy marriage, please forget your first love!
Jan 20, 2009 00:51
  • BBQQ
To most people, first love is unforgettable. However, “for the sake of happy marriage, please forget your first love.” Dr Malcolm Brynin, of the Institute for Social and Economic Research at the University of Essex concludes this in his research.

According to what he said, people usually take the euphoria of first love to judge all future romances. If you can’t pull yourself out of your first love, you will not find happiness in your future relationships. They seem boring and disappointing to you. Therefore, you should forget your first love if you wish to have a happy relationship in the future.

Do you agree with what he said?
Jan 20, 2009 03:41
  • GAFFER
I guess he is partly correct in what he says. Everything is new in the first love. New feelings, new emotions never experienced before. How else can you judge future relationships without comparing with a previous one? However, because the first were new experiences they will always be remembered most vividly. Of course those first experiences may not have been love in the first place. We may jump into relationships because they are offered, owing to peer pressure (our friends are in relationships) or just simply lust, (maybe from the boys perspective ;o) Love is a very difficult subject to quantify, how do we know when we are really in love? We might realise in a subsequent relationship that what we thought was love before was nothing more than infatuation.
Jan 20, 2009 03:47
  • JIMMYB
Well, I guess that his first love must fail. Thus, he hopes that we all should forget our first love. Just kidding, hehe.
Jan 20, 2009 08:34
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Something like this !

http://www.chanel.com/um/lb/EauPrem08/en-gb/?x=-4&y=-4&width=1032&height=763

just a jole...
Jan 20, 2009 21:34
  • LIZXLI
Well,I agree.

Just it is hard to forget in some cases.
Jan 20, 2009 21:50
  • ZOEY
Why shoud we forget our first love? It is a part of our memories no matter it is sweet or painful. What do you think of people with no memories? Do you wanna be one of them?
Jan 20, 2009 22:03
  • HONEY
i think i dont need to forget about it . like zoey said, its just a part of our memory.
Jan 28, 2009 19:04
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Personally, I think failed relationships should let us grow and know ourselves better. You can actually learn a lot of things from them. It is impossible to forget your old relationships. Why? Because at one point, you loved and cared for each other. The trick is to learn and let go. Don’t jump into another relationship so soon just because your first love failed. That will be unfair to the other party. More often, they just become rebound girlfriend/boyfriend. You don’t really love the person, but because you are so lonely or you don’t want to be called a loser, you just jump into it. It will be a disaster. You will look desperate and it will show.
Jan 28, 2009 21:35
  • LIZXLI
Now I find that my so-called first love could be one of my friends.We are perfectly common friends only and we help each other when in need.A friend in need is a friend indeed.It is right,isn't it?
Apr 21, 2009 23:14
  • PAGANBOY
Once you truly love a person... he/she will always be a part of you wherever you go. however he/she should only remain in yor heart like a piece of wonderful experience. move on... and for the sake of your new partner, never bring up your past memories. i personally hate the fact that most women fail to see this, they talk about their previous failed relationships all the bloody time. everyone has emotional baggages and hang-ups but why dwell in them?
Apr 22, 2009 17:16
  • MARRIE
I agree with PAGANBOY, if this is good experience, it will help you move on in a positive way.
Post a Reply to: For the sake of happy marriage, please forget your first love!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code