Menu
American Guy
Jan 20, 2009 02:00
  • INSOMNIA
Hello All,

First of all, sorry for the poor English. I am 26 years old and I come from Hong Kong.

I have just jumped into this forum randomly, and found that people here are nice and pleased to advise their opinion. So I would like to share my story here

I met one American guy on Boxing day in pub. I was with my female friend, he came and talked to me.

He came Hong Kong for traveling, that day he went pubbing with his family. During our conversation he kept saying that I looked good and asked me to be his girl friend. I replied him that "I think you used to say this to girls in pub, and kidding me" he said he is not a bastard who fools girls around in the pub. Although I refused him, I admitted that I had feelings on him as he is quite talkative and attractive, we have loads of topics. We talked quite a lot till he had to leave with his family and asked me for the phone number before leaving.

I had been waiting for his phone call for 3 days. Finally I called him, he told me that he was on the way back to Hong Kong home at that moment because he couldn't catch the flight back to USA. Then he dated me out, we went pubbing together till the mid night. We had a great time, he is still the same old him - saying I am pretty and asked me to be his girl friend. I said you are too far away from me, he said what about he moves to HK or I go to USA for him etc. He said he only had 1 girl friend in his life (he is 29 years old, quite unbelievable) Afterwards he told me he might be leaving in the following day, asked me to send him e-mail and he would miss me etc.

I thought we could meet again since it was not easy to get the flight ticket during the peak season. However I was wrong - I tried to reach him but was told that he got the ticket and finally back to USA.

I sent him 4 mails but he just replied once. I thought he was busy that was why he hardly reply me but I saw that he keeps updating his face book. Even I said Hello to him on face book, he just replied that "Sorry I am at work, chat at you later"

I haven't e-mail him or message him anymore on Face book......I don't want to bother him or he will feel I am an annoying girl.

Nevertheless I still miss him......

Q1. Is it American guy just want to have sex with girls thats why he asked me out at that night?

Q2. If he didn't want to keep in touch with me at all, why he asked me for the phone number/e-mail? (never call me thought)

Q3. What should I do? Should I tell him that I love him?

Quite long and not really grammatical message. Thanks all of your's viewing and attention!!
Jan 20, 2009 12:55
  • SETH
Hi Insomnia -

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that guy (haha, lose sleep? get it?) because from what you say, I think he was just flirting and looking to have intimate times with a 'girlfriend' as long as he was in Hong Kong. If he really had feelings for you, even though you have known each other only a short time, I would think he'd want to chat with you when he could, and wouldn't put you off.

He words in the pub may have sounded nice, but don't you think that his actions (or lack of nice action for you) speaks louder than words?
Jan 20, 2009 19:14
  • JAAP
Hi Insomnia,

I go with Seth. It seems very clear that, once back to the States, he isn't that interested anymore.
I bet he will talking real smooth again when he would be scheduled for Hongkong next week.

Forget him. He is not even worth thinking about.

grtz,

Jaap
Jan 20, 2009 20:15
  • YINDUFFY
Yeah, forget about him. Things said when drunk are not the same as when sober. Keep his number and wait. He may get back in touch with you but I wouldn't put anything on hold.
I'm sure you are a nice person but a bar is not the best place to get to know someone.
Jan 27, 2009 01:45
  • INSOMNIA
Hello All,

Thanks all of you guys' advices ;) and I won't think of him anymore. Thanks!!
Jan 28, 2009 09:32
  • JCNILE123
He, he,
Lucky you,
Perhaps you can be of great help to a lot of girls that give it up at first sight.

29 years old and one girl friend only? = to big time looser = big time liar...
Jan 28, 2009 11:43
29 years old and one girl friend only? = to big time looser = big time liar...

That's a bit harsh JC, the guy might be a bit timid, not everyone have the " gift of the gab " me included!! he he

But I wish Insomnia well for the future.

Alan
Jan 28, 2009 19:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I've read your entire post. I hate to break it but he is not interested in you. And pubs are not the best place to get a mate. Men go to pubs to drink and hope they might be able to score with the ladies, not serious relationships. Would a man who is looking for a serious relationship and commitments go to a pub?

I'm sure you will meet a far better man someday.
Jan 29, 2009 00:03
  • JCNILE123
He, he, Alan,

(((That's a bit harsh JC)))

You are probably right Alan,

This poor Romeo was traveling with mama.

He, he,
Jan 30, 2009 15:37
  • BOBERT
While I agree that this guy eventually identified himself as opportunistic and on the prowl I am a bit dismayed by some comments from SHESGOTTOBE. "Men go to pubs to drink and hope they might be able to score with the ladies, not serious relationships. Would a man who is looking for a serious relationship and commitments go to a pub? "
A bit cynical and jaded don't you think SHESGOTTOBE? Also very sexist! Afterall, INSOMNIA and her freind went to the pub. Would a WOMAN who is looking for a serious relationship and commitment go to a pub? So following your perverted logic surely he was quite entitled to assume that she was also "hopeing she might score with the men".

He actually went to the pub with his family so presumably it was just a chance meeting,not premeditated as you implied. I doubt he would take his family with him if he was actually trying to "score with the ladies". Due to the fact that she was in a bar he had every reason to presume that she was likeminded to him.

Personally I often go to bars but never with the intention of "scoring with the ladies". I go to hopefully meet interesting people, converse and exchange ideas in a convivial and relaxed atmosphere, and have fun. Even casual flirting can be fun providing both parties are aware that that's all that's happeing. "I hate to break it but he is not interested in you". Maybe he was when he talked in the bar. Maybe he simply lost interest. He does have that right. Life is fun SHESGOTBE. Enjoy it!
Feb 1, 2009 06:20
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Whoa! Chill....! It is brutally honest opinion coming from where I stand, where I do not know any man or Asian man for that matter who would go to a pub to find a serious relationship. You can have your own opinion. Sure, maybe I am cynical, didn't say I'm not. I just don't see the world in rose-colored glasses. Yes, it goes both ways, in my previous posts, I said the same thing. I don't consider myself a sexist. I have to brothers that I love (even though sometimes they are a pain in the rear). Live. Love. Laugh. Life is Good. Chill...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: American Guy
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code