Menu
Air pollution
Feb 15, 2005 01:50
  • SPORTENNIS
I have heard that the air pollution is very bad in Beijing that it can cause respiratory problems. Is it restrected to Beijing or is it in all the major cities?
Feb 15, 2005 05:40
  • FIDLA
It's true the pollution is bad. In Beijing not so much, but Shenyang it's terrible. I was there for 6 weeks last fall and by the time I left, I had a terrible cough.

Feb 15, 2005 09:01
  • SPORTENNIS
Thanks for the reply FDILA. What can one do to minimize the effects of the air pollution? Does the Chinese government have restrictions to help control the pollution? How will they draw tourism if the country is polluted?
Feb 15, 2005 09:59
  • MERMAID
China is polluted because many foreign manufacturers move their pollant industry into China!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 15, 2005 10:03
  • MERMAID
sorry, i mean pollutive industries.

And guys like cashmere, which means we have to raise goats who destroy the grasslands. Grasslands damage leads to desertification, and people in Beijing will suffer sandstorm.

Such stories go on and on and on. So, China's pollution is not caused by Chinese people alone. This simple theory can be seen easily and pollution in China will effect other parts in the world, too.
So, stop just commenting or scolding, think about it-what can you do to prevent pollution.
Feb 15, 2005 10:53
  • SPORTENNIS
Mermaid,

Forgive me for sounding like I was blaming the Chinese people. I respect the Chinese people and did not mean to suggest that it was their fault. I did, however, read that the government of China does not do enough to minimize the extend to which industry pollutes the environment. I do not own cashmere and do not care to. It would seem that those that raise the sheep could be educated about the conservation of land so that destruction of all grasslands would not occur. All countries have pollution concerns, it's not soley China's. We must all work together to try to promote ecology. We are one world...one people.

Peace,

Brent

Feb 15, 2005 11:17
  • MERMAID
yes, u r right!

Polluted china is nothing good to the world as a whole.

We are one world, one people, created and loved by God, right?
Feb 15, 2005 11:22
  • MERMAID
Even the government is not the one to be blamed. You kno, u tell the people not to do this or that, but before that, u should find a way for him but the government hasnot found a wayout yet.

Money is a vital element. On one hand the herdsmen need money. We dont want them to live a poor life, either. It is a headache.
Feb 15, 2005 12:04
  • MERMAID
i dont mean every foreigner should sing high praise of China but we got to be objective.

If everything in China is nuisance, why he ever came here.

I have been to U.S., Canada, Russia and France. Not everything i find is lovely but i kno i am a guest and i can choose either to accept it or to avoid it but i dont have the right to be impolite.

Feb 15, 2005 12:12
  • FIDLA
You think it's impolite to express your opinion about something? That's the whole point of public forums like this. You can take it or leave it. If you don't like what he said about pollution on this forum, you don't have to read any more. You can walk away.

I think you are being impolite by ragging on him.

Sure other countries are polluted and there are bad places in every part of the world, not just China. I've traveled extensively in Egypt. They don't have regulations for pollution like the Americans do either.

Feb 15, 2005 13:42
  • MERMAID
Brend, i dont mean to be impolite. That's all.
Welcome to China and enjoy everything even those things u feel uncomfortabel with. This is a true new world not fairy land.

C'est la vie!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Air pollution
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code