Menu
Send text messages to "say" Happy New Year!
Feb 2, 2009 00:37
  • CHERRY07
In China, a new way to express New Year's Greetings has become very popular in recent years. Many Chinese people use their cellphones to send New Year's Greetings to their parents, friends, colleagues etc.

I am one of them. On New Year's Eve, I sent many text messages to my friends and colleagues, wishing them "Happy New Year". Of course, I received many text messages from them.

According to three major Chinese mobile telecom providers, about 18 billion text messages had been sent during the Spring Festival. A text message costs 0.1 RMB. 18 billion text messages are worth 1800 million RMB. Those three telecom providers have made a good fortune.

Do you use cellphone to make New Year's Greetings?
Feb 3, 2009 03:02
  • JIMMYB
I belong to the "thumb tribe" and I am a fan of thumb culture. I usually send text/multimedia messages to my friends. On New Year's Eve, I also send my "greeings" to them. Unfortunately, many people just forward the same "greeting" to their friends, colleagues and even their bosses. I don't like this. I just send "Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy New Year)" to my friends and colleagues with my name in the last line.
Nov 24, 2009 00:49
GUESTZINYMEGAN Hey Guys,

I am a student (limited budget) and have seen a few offers for free ipods and iphones. Does anyone Know if any if the free IPhone or Ipod offers are actually legit? I don't want to waste my time filling out a hundred surveys and was hoping to hear from someone who may have had some success with this.

Thanks
Dec 6, 2009 06:17
  • LIZXLI
It is a good way of communication to use cellphone to send New Year's Greetings.
Dec 7, 2009 03:45
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

I just send "Xin Nian Kuai Le (Happy New Year)" to my friends and colleagues with my name in the last line.

I think it's an honest way and I like doing that too...
Dec 8, 2009 01:20
  • JIMMYB
Herbeat,

Copying friends' text messages and sending them to other people is very boring. I am tired of receiving so many cloned text messages. Also, you can make up some text messages differently and then send them to your friends. I am sure that your friends will feel very happy. Sometimes, simple words can express exactly what you are trying to say.
Dec 8, 2009 02:07
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, thank you for the suggestion JimmyB. I have done it lots of times. But now when I want to try to send cards to friends with 126 mail. I couldn't find the service... Quite annoying...
Dec 10, 2009 03:48
  • CHERRY07
Haha, all of us have contributed a lot of money to China Telecom operators. Shouldn't they give some rewards to us?
Last edited by CHERRY07: Dec 10, 2009 03:49
Dec 10, 2009 04:05
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, Cherry, you might be able to have a talk with the leader of China Mobile?
Dec 10, 2009 21:06
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

Hehe, Cherry, you might be able to have a talk with the leader of China Mobile?

Well, he is too busy with making money and has no time to see me. I strongly advise that China Mobile should cancel the roaming fee. China Telecommunications has cancelled the roaming fee.
Dec 10, 2009 22:33
  • HERBEAT
Be nice to them Cherry... I don't want worse services in the future...^-^
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Send text messages to "say" Happy New Year!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code