Menu
Phelps apologizes for smoking drugs!
Feb 2, 2009 19:30
  • BBQQ
The "Big Fish" Phelps has been in trouble recently. A photo released by a British newspaper shows that Phelps once smoked drugs at a student party. Phelps and his team once tried to cover his scandal by buying this photo but finally failed. After this photo was released, Phelps made an apology to the public.

Previously, Phelps has never failed any drug tests. He even offered an extra test before last Olympics in Beijing. According to the newspaper, an insider said that she was sure Phelps did use drugs before because he knew every step and smoked naturally.

"I engaged in behaviour which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment,” Phelps said. “I am 23 years old and, despite the successes I have had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner that people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.”

Affected by his drug scandal, Phelps might face a ban of up two years according to World Anti-Doping Agency rules.

This is the photo.

Feb 9, 2009 03:37
  • JIMMYB
Is it possible that his Olympic gold medals will be taken away?
Feb 9, 2009 10:20
  • GARYKINKADE
All those years of hard work, enduring the media blitz, meeting tough competition head on,
spending tons of money (whether personal or by sponsors), all the medals won, having to smile
when not feeling well,...... and all this has evaporated with "a puff of smoke"
Feb 9, 2009 21:14
  • CHERRY07
In the USA, many athletes like Phelps use drugs. Unfortunately, Phelps was caught. Did you know Wilt Chamberlain? He also admitted that he used drugs.
Feb 10, 2009 06:54
  • GARYKINKADE
Yes...I spoke to him several times while he was playing for K.U.
Actually I was talking more to his belly button than to his face.
And I'm sort of "full of it " also.
Seriously though, he was quite a legend for his time.
Feb 10, 2009 19:57
  • KEVIN0518
Wilt Chamberlain?? I know that he is a legend for his time. He is a good basketballer. However, his personal life was dissipated. In his autobiography, he said that he had slept with 20000 women.
Feb 11, 2009 07:51
  • JSUMMERS83
Oh come on, people. Phelps did not use an "enhancing" drug, he used a "stupifying" drug. His medals will not be taken away.

I don't know about you, but this VERY unimportant information plays no part in his swimming ability and only goes to show that as a celebrity your every move - even the incredibly stupid ones - will be seen and discussed on (of all places) Chinese message boards.
Feb 11, 2009 19:47
  • JIMMYB
"Oh come on, people. Phelps did not use an "enhancing" drug, he used a "stupifying" drug. His medals will not be taken away."

It is undeniable that he has already taken drugs no matter it is an "enhancing" drug or a "stupifying" drug. Is taking marijuana illegal in the US, Jsummer? If so, Phelps has done a wrong thing. Therefore, he should be responsible for what he has done.

"I don't know about you, but this VERY unimportant information plays no part in his swimming ability"

Really? What if he becomes addict to smoke marijuana? As a celebrity, Phelps should have known that whatever he says and does will surely influence others.
Feb 12, 2009 00:34
  • DODGER
So how many people on this forum have smoked dope?
Hands up any body?
And further to my little rant, Kellogg’s, who sell crap under the heading of Food have dropped him.
Dodger.
Feb 12, 2009 08:51
  • GARYKINKADE
My Gawd DODGER.....I was wondering why that cereal tasted so funny.
Aw.....Geez.....
Feb 13, 2009 03:52
  • KEVIN0518
"...even the incredibly stupid ones - will be seen and discussed on (of all places) Chinese message boards."

Well, I have to admit that Chinese netizens are so powerful. Phelps has made a formal apology to Chinese netizens via a video clip.

By the way, the pipe he used was on sale. The seller said that it was worth 100000 dollars. Unfortunately, he didn't sell the pipe and was fined 500 dollars.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Phelps apologizes for smoking drugs!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code