Menu
What a filial daughter!
Feb 5, 2009 02:06
  • BBQQ
"I am so sorry, Mom. I can't accompany you any more. After my death, please transplant my liver to my dad. Please save my dad's life." This is a 13 years old girl's will.

Linlin ate 200 sleeping pills to suicide. She planed to use her liver to save her dad's life. Fortunately, she was saved by the doctors. However, her life is still in danger.

Her dad was diagnosed with liver cancer one month ago and the doctor said that he could live two or three months. Linlin's parents tried to hide this from her. But Linlin finally got to know this. So she decided to sacrifice her own life to save her dad.

What a filial daughter!

Linlin is still in ICU room.

Feb 5, 2009 02:07
  • BBQQ
Her will: "I am so sorry, Mom. I can't accompany you any more. After my death, please transplant my liver to my dad. Please save my dad's life."

Feb 5, 2009 08:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I apologize. Ah, heck, I always speak my mind, anyway. I couldn’t bring myself to see her as someone who sacrificed herself in order to save her father. She is 13. She still has a lot to know. First, if she really wanted to save her father, committing suicide is not the solution. What if she didn’t survive? Body organs can only be preserved for so long. Also, because of what she did, her body organs might be damaged. Did she want to donate a damaged body organ? It is imperative that blood and organ donors are in the peak of health. And shouldn’t her parents have any say in that? I don’t really think her parents would approve of her idea if they told them. Her parents are in agony as it is. Father has a life threatening disease. Mother has to take care of him, not to mention the financial and emotional burden she has to carry on her shoulders. Her father must feel very guilty as well. Did she want him to carry that burden all his life? She just added to the burden. Shessh….

Call me cynical but I get the feeling that she tried to commit suicide for another reason, tried to justify it and looked for a ‘noble’ reason. Let’s face it, people will die eventually. No amount of crying and sacrifice will stop death. It is the nature of life. It is romantic to want to see the element of love and sacrifice but it doesn’t add up. How did she manage to get 200 sleeping pills? There is more to this story. It has holes everywhere. It just doesn’t make sense.
Feb 5, 2009 08:35
  • JCNILE123
I think life belongs to the individual to live it and share to his (her) choosing and reasoning.
However life it is not yours to play God.
Good excuse, bad choice.
Feb 6, 2009 03:53
  • CHERRY07
I guess BBQQ made a mistake. It might be 20 sleeping pills.

Feb 8, 2009 22:07
  • BBQQ
"How did she manage to get 200 sleeping pills?"

SHESGOTTOBE, her mother bought these sleeping pills. She needs sleeping pills to force her to sleep. However, she never thought that her daughters used her drugs to commit suicide.

"I guess BBQQ made a mistake. It might be 20 sleeping pills."

Cherry, I didn't make a mistake. According to the source, she did have 200 sleeping pills. Actually, her mother bought four bottles of sleeping pills.

Update: This girl is out of danger now. Many good men have donated money to her family.
Feb 9, 2009 20:24
  • JIMMYB
Update: This girl is out of danger now. Many good men have donated money to her family.

I read this news too.

Yes, she is out of danger now. However, her father died after he saw his child. So far, that girl hasn't learnt about her father's death because the doctor hid the truth from her. She needs to have another operation.
Last edited by JIMMYB: Feb 9, 2009 20:28
Post a Reply to: What a filial daughter!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code