Menu
Romancing a Chinese woman
Jun 24, 2013 02:25
GUESTRUSS I married Chinese woman 8 years ago. Yes, big differences in culture,language,food and attitudes but working hard on the relationship from both sides has proved enlightening and interesting. I was 53 and going nowhere in my life but met a 34 year Chinese divorcee who had a 15 year old daughter. We have lived in the UK now for nearly 8 years altho' her daughter stayed in China to finish education. Marrying my Chinese wife was the best thing I ever did and the perseverence and determination needed to overcome differences was rewarding in the long term. She looks after me very well, makes me feel important and loved an I offer her security and a future. She has learnt my language, I struggle badly with hers! Romance not strong but love and commitment is very strong....and wow, what a cook! Sex is great 'cos like a lot of Chinese women her body is hot and sinewy..she likes me to take control in bed. She is straightforward in daily life...our only regret is that my previous family do not understand her very well and still after 8 years together they are suspicious of her motives towards me even tho' we had a beautiful son 3 years ago. They still suspect that she has 'other ideas'..crazy but true. Hope all this does not sound too patronising..just saying it as it is...
Jun 27, 2013 21:46
GUEST90179 listen up all of you you better all start loving now!
Jun 28, 2013 08:11
Good advice guest!
Jun 28, 2013 09:04
GUEST21472 Are you serious or a joker ?
Perhaps you have something slightly more original and interesting to post¬¬???
Am waiting......................
Jun 28, 2013 09:06
GUEST21472 Hey, thanks Shakinth
Jan 8, 2014 00:20
GUEST41687 Yep. That is the experience with my Chinese wife.
Soul detroying stuff.
Jan 26, 2014 21:50
GUEST87135 I read most of this thread. I have to say it's set me at a bit of ease. I started emailing a Chinese woman about a week ago that I met on a site. I'm very wary because of all the bad stories you hear. She is already talking about marriage and kids and taking care of me, etc. It was a bit much, but reading here it sounds like that's about how they are. Another thing that raised a bit of a red flag is she said skype isn't an option because she uses her work computer to correspond. I'm no sucker, and if money or gifts start being mentioned then I know what's up. Of course I'll continue to be wary and try to take it as slow as she'll let, heh.

About every other email she makes sure to let me know I shouldn't be emailing any other ladies. I've read some other stuff about how possessive and jealous Chinese women can be. I have very close relationships with the women in my life (mom, sister, and niece). Is this something to worry about with a Chinese partner's jealousy? Is it something that could cause problems?

Congrats on your awesome success story tho! Wish you two many more years of happiness.
Apr 5, 2014 23:48
GUEST-ROB People should mind that the differences between a "asian" x "westerner" woman are in fact smaller than the differences between ANY random woman and another, just there, around you in this same city or neighborhood.

Thinking about, you easily can date any woman around of you and start a relationship what will FAIL miserably in months or can be a great sucess for rest of life (after all, it depends of your personality too, man).

The SAME can be applied to chinese women, like any other nationality. So... if you had a bad experience, and at least reflected that was not your own fault, dont think that all the chinese girls are the same.

Furthermore, of course there is some generic cultural differences, like bigger health minding, bigger attention to her parents, less romance "exhibition" (the care is measure by effective acts, and not affection words)... but as i said, it can be unpredictable, because "each head is a world of its own". ;)

- Rob, who is married with.... my wife, and currently the fact that she born and grew up in a country named China is interesting detail, like is a detail a wife of any of yours came from another state/province of your own country.

PS. I've read in this thread that most of the guys live in North America, and i'm from Brazil. It's also interesting that even we call ourselves "westerners", in real there also relevant generic cultural differences, and i could say that the stereotype of chinese woman is much like the opposite of the stereotype of brazilian woman, haha.
Apr 12, 2014 02:17
GUEST31112 I have three children with a chinese woman, a wonderful wife by the way! , thought just one child looks chinese, others look like maltese mix with a turk, although I am Irish!
Apr 10, 2015 10:56
GUEST19313 Take the so-called advice as opinions. There are some opinions that ALL Chinese women are looking for any guy to marry so they can live in America and get all their money. You cannot group all Chinese into one group and make a generalization. That would be racist and hypocritical. Yes, there are Chinese women like that. They marry an American guy just to live in America and spend all his money. To say all Chinese women are like that is obviously untrue. It could apply to many Chinese women in their 20s. When you are talking about women in their 30s on up, then it's not the case. As the Chinese woman gets more mature, the less likely she will marry American men for alterior motives. It's just like American women.
Page 15 of 16    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Romancing a Chinese woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code