Menu
Big question about moving to China
Feb 21, 2009 02:16
  • DAVEC
My trips have been for my photography, I can get tourist visas no problem but moving is a different matter. This site has a lot of knowledgable and helpful people, they are my connections and I appreciate any advice, especially as some will have gone through what I am planning.
Feb 21, 2009 03:04
  • GAFFER
I think some guests here have had bad experiences with Chinese woman or generally have little respect for them. Once you have found the right lady she will be fiercely loyal and work hard to make the partnership succeed.

My Chinese partner is more than willing to support me/us should it be necesary until funds are transferred when I finally stop "commuting" between China and UK, and hopefully "retire" there....not that I would retire. I too have aspirations like Dave to open a small guest house and as my partner is a Traditional Chinese Therapist I think her profession and my aspiration could gell together quite well. However, it takes time to set up such a venture finding locations and property as it would for Dave producing photographs, finding a buyer and actually receiving payment.

Working as a travel photographer might be easier than finding a job.......if it was your hobby and you "gave" the photos to your wife for safe keeping. Who knows what she might do with them ;o)
Feb 21, 2009 12:16
  • TINMAN
Who the heck are these so called "GUESTS"?

You sound like instigaters and only" put-down " artists...if you can't be helpful then mind your own business you "CLOWNS"....me thinks the different "guest" is actually the same person.

YOU GO DAVE! I'm with you...Hey guest go beat your dog, or your kids...you obviously are too cowardly to identify yourself.
Take a hike BOZO!
Feb 22, 2009 02:52
GUEST47548 You seem to have a lot of "pent up hostility" there yourself Tinman.Your outrages are a little off the topic aren't they?Are beating people up a secret desire you have or did you happen to marry 1 of the 9/10 Chinese woman that the "guest" was talking about.Is this name calling helping Davec with his problem?
Mar 5, 2009 02:59
  • JOSHIRV57
Dave C::Dave ,for one thing,the wife does provide and work if her husband does not work,or have money.Dave,if you were coming to Guangzhou,(which is not happening)Shenzhen,is good,and the friends known to me,could help you,and may even know your friend(big IF but credible and possible if you knew them)
Our friends in Shenzhen,have many contacts,(again,confidential) as reliable.(Fortunately,my time in China,is spent making friends,through-out China,through
the relationships of new friends.)Teaching is in accordance with your profession,and such is the related status.Dave,one way to navigate
in China,is to gain many Chinese friends,in varied occupations,and in wealth..The only short coming,is that there are some favors they will not grant if they see any
difficulty in obtaining your request. Small problem,really !! ( coming on too strong yet! You are the only person on this forum,I have found worthy enough to
help,if you want it.) no puns given,nor taken) You just ask a lot of questions,and I am in a Chartiable mood today. Cheers !
May 17, 2009 22:05
GUEST58176 My son in law is head of Tax China for a prominent US Accounting Firm. He, is wife, my grandkids live in Shanghai and will be there for at least four more years. I am retired. I want to move to China and live there until they return home. I want to know if my being 65 and retired will Totally make this not possible? Perhaps other ways to approach it. I can't write the Chinese Embassy...I have to show up to apply?
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Big question about moving to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code