Menu
Do you want to have a "designer baby"?
Mar 4, 2009 01:59
  • YVONNE
A clinic in LA offers a special service to those prospective parents. With this service, the parents have a baby with brown eyes, black hair and a dark complexion or a kid with pale skin, blonde hair and green eyes with the help of the doctor.

Some parents are crazy about this idea. But there are some critics who are against this. This techonology destroys the dignity that a life deserves. What are they gonna to do with those embryos that are qualified? Just throw them away? This is totally descrimination.

Do you want a "designer baby"?
Mar 4, 2009 03:39
  • GAFFER
If designer means fashionable what happens when the fashion changes? Choosing the sex in certain cases is one thing but that is about as far as it should go.
Mar 4, 2009 07:51
  • GARYKINKADE
This is another one of those "it was bound to happen" scenarios.
Playing God with Mother Nature sometimes does not always work to one's best interest.
Mar 4, 2009 22:01
  • BBQQ
a baby with blue eyes, curled black hair and a dark complexion???

It must be a freak.
Mar 4, 2009 23:21
  • DODGER
I agree with all of the above, however if you could be guaranteed a child with no birth defects would you take the option?
Dodger.
Mar 5, 2009 20:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
For a cost...for sure this is not going to be cheap. The best and most beautiful baby money can buy. Whoever said you can’t buy anyone doesn’t know a geneticist/genetic engineer. LOL!

To think that some automatically assume that their genes are so awesome that they have this need to spread it around. Ha! Talk about ego. If they only knew the defects they carry and passed around.

Enter the geneticists who can tweak genes so that your child will be ‘perfect’. They say, it is just a matter of tweaking genes. I don’t know how far we’ve come to playing god. You can switch on the genes (much like switching a light to turn it on) that can give a baby certain skin and eye color, but at what cost? And how far are we willing to go? If I want my child to become a multi-million dollar basketball player someday, can I order a baby that will grow to be 8 feet tall? But then, others would want a 9-feet tall and so on. Also, the child may have the physical attribute but can you tweak genes to have the same interest?

This reminds me. I had a cat with naturally pink eyes before. How many cats do you know with pink eyes? I loved it. Until I learned that my cat is deaf because it turns out that the same gene that gave her the pink eyes also made her deaf. My poor kitty. *sob*
Last edited by SHESGOTTOBE: Mar 5, 2009 20:58
Mar 10, 2009 12:13
  • PRIMROSE
I agree with you in someway .
when we suggest that they cannot have baby and they realy love them it realy good idea to buy them .
but If it like what you said it will be so so tardiness .
Mar 11, 2009 17:58
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

a baby with blue eyes, curled black hair and a dark complexion???

It must be a freak.

When I first came to the immigrants land, I feel uncomfortable with the strange phenomenon that the unmatched features embedded in one person. The impression was that I went into a colorful zoo. But now, I am used to it and like it.
Apr 24, 2009 12:44
GUEST27001 HEY IM DOING A REPORT FOR DESIGNER BABYS AND I NEED HELP GIVE ME A REASON WHY ITS GOOD AND Y ITS BAY PLZZZ MUCH THNX
May 23, 2009 13:54
  • GRIZ326
Designer babies are not good.

Choosing the sex of a baby or even being able to have a child without congenital defects may seem insignificant, but who can guess the unintended consequences?

Designing the world's smartest, strongest and best looking baby may sound like a great idea but if the world truly suffers from discrimination between peoples today, just imagine the discriminatory woes a natural born child will encounter in a world of elite, designer people.
Post a Reply to: Do you want to have a "designer baby"?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code