Menu
Is it me?
Mar 6, 2009 10:50
  • GAFFER
Is it me or do other guys find this too? Your lady starts to tell you a story of something that happened or she heard. But she doesn't begin at the beginning, usually from the middle. Then wonders why you have no idea what she is talking about and have to start asking questions. Who is "she", which shop, what street? In my experience this is not a language problem, it seems to be an international phenomenon, womens logic vs mens logic?
Mar 6, 2009 20:45
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I am a woman and I have no idea what you are talking about. You started in the middle nyeheheheh… No, seriously. Give us a specific example and the whole story.

Here’s a possible explanation. Women think/see the bigger picture or as a whole. We think in ‘connect-the-dots’ way. Men think/see in compartments. At least this is what some studies say. Usually, a woman would talk about something that might be trivial to you, so many times you are hearing that she is talking but you are not really listening. Your lady asks, 'Are you listening?' You usually respond with ‘Uhuh… yea…’ Get the drift? One of the most common complain women say about men is that 'they don't listen'. When we say listen, meaning you pay attention and understand what on earth we are talking about. No offense but usually, we have to keep repeating ourselves because you didn't hear the first time. And usually what she will say or talk about hours after that could be connected to what she talked about before. If you didn’t listen to what she said before, naturally you won’t see the connection. Or you listened but it could be that your thought processed the information as separate, that is compartmentalization. Here’s a suggestion. Pay attention to what she says all the time no matter how trivial and remember it and then see how it fits to the whole picture.

One woman's POV.
Mar 7, 2009 07:11
  • DAVEC
I agree Gaffer, they do seem to start midway through a conversation as if you were there and understand the scenario
Mar 8, 2009 00:51
  • JABAROOTOO
She Great explanation. will say no more but here lies one of the most significant differences about the sexes.

Generally speaking we don't process information the same way.

But to be fair to the guys I sometimes have the same problem with some of my female friends when they talk about stuff and people and things at home. But my problem is that I am so out of touch with what is happening in their world (living here in China) that they are assuming that I know more about the subject than I actually do so it is natural that I have to ask a few pointed questions to fill in the gaps and get be back up to speed.
Mar 8, 2009 23:00
  • JIMMYB
Gaffer, they start a story from the middle just to arouse your curiosity. Because you don't know what it is about, you will keep asking her some questions. See, you have an interaction with your wife now. If she tells the story from the beginning to the end, you might feel it is boring and don't listen to her.

Just kidding! Women and men do think in different way. Men are good at logic thinking while women are adept at image thinking.
Post a Reply to: Is it me?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code