Menu
seeking answer
Mar 16, 2009 23:26
  • COOLSPRINGS
here is the problem: how do you deal with situations where you are working under a female with crazy jealousy whose professional skills fall short of yours. I mean how to protect yourself if you are a female subordinate..?
Mar 17, 2009 00:26
GUEST23120 The problems you mentioned are popular in office, I think you shall be careful, firstly, you shall show respect to her and say some words she likes, and don't always show you are better than her, you shall make her feel she is better than you.
Mar 17, 2009 06:48
  • JABAROOTOO
LOOK FOR A NEW JOB
Mar 17, 2009 22:24
  • COOLSPRINGS
Thank you guest and Jab. I got a new task from the top beyond her to validate part of her job, that' why...my working enviroment is sort of cross-checked and relatively independant and self managerial and I am allowed to skip her to report...show respect to co-workers has been what i am sticking to but what if a person who keeps attacking like i am going to smash her ricebowl...crazy and helpless woman...

Jab,i am alway preparing for being given a sack, which allows me to work more efficietly and relaxing...i like that feelings...
Mar 19, 2009 05:43
  • GAFFER
Whether male of female, when supervisors/managers behave in this way it is a sure indication that they feel inadequate, insecure and unable to cope. They create problems for others to divert attention from their own poor perfomance or innability to cope. More often than not they did not earn their position from skill, qualification or experience. (Draw your own conclusions from that). While it can be stressful for subordinates to handle this kind of person, if they can maintain a professional cool and get on quietly with their own job, eventually this person will be "found out" and fired or promoted even higher out of harms way ;o)
Mar 19, 2009 18:21
  • COOLSPRINGS
[quote=GAFFER,361924]Whether male of female, when supervisors/managers behave in this way it is a sure indication that they feel inadequate, insecure and unable to cope. They create problems for others to divert attention from their own poor perfomance or innability to cope. More often than not they did not earn their position from skill, qualification or experience. (Draw your own conclusions from that).

Well said, GAFFER. To retain a job for a long time or to get promotion usually has nothing to do with qualifications and working ethics. But they are mastering the theory of black and white or relationships. In another word, the more intense the crisis, the more food...So I prefer working in private corp because bosses usually don't want to play games or play their own money at the expenses of losing lux life.
Last edited by COOLSPRINGS: Mar 19, 2009 18:29
Mar 21, 2009 17:30
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

if they can maintain a professional cool and get on quietly with their own job, eventually this person will be "found out" and fired or promoted even higher out of harms way ;o)

Coolsprings, If I was the owner of the biz, I would promote this woman to where harm could be minimum in case she is out of control and at the same time tell her: do whatever you think is the best for us!
Mar 23, 2009 03:15
GUEST0155 If you can't bear her, just go away and find another job. But you might do as GUEST23120 said if you really don't want to lose your job.
Mar 23, 2009 20:58
  • MARRIE
Both you and your supervisor are employed. So you are not obliged to make sb. feel comfortable in working enviromnet. Just keep being sunk to your job and be loyal to who pay you.
Mar 23, 2009 21:41
  • SHESGOTTOBE
This is very common. Here’s my take. I don’t know you or your supervisor so I can’t really tell whose ‘at fault’ or who is ‘the problem’. Everyone of us has our own quirks. We might have some mannerisms or characteristics that annoy our co-workers. I found out that the best way to deal with this is to be friendly with the offending person. If you are friendly, you can start talking about more personal things and even joke. Then you can start to be open to each other. This would open up understanding and even correct whatever it is that needs to get corrected. Get to know your supervisor and see why she is that way. Picture yourself as her and see how you would do things differently, complete with all the issues and responsibilities that she faces. Who knows, you could end up as friends.

Another alternative is to quit. But then, you would soon find out that your new co-workers are even worse. Sure, you don’t have a jealous supervisor but you could end up next to a co-worker who cuts his nails in his cubicle and a piece of his nail lands on your table, hahahahah!!!! Or somebody who talks on the phone non-stop or co-workers who keep on bragging about their children. We don’t live in a perfect world filled with perfect people. There are no jobs that are perfect with perfect working environment with perfect co-workers. In the end, it boils down to your attitude.

As a subordinate, your job is to make things easier for your boss. That is the only reason why you are there. A company will not spend money on another salaried employee that is not needed. You, on the other hand is to make sure that you never lose sight of what is important to you. All the rest are just distractions.
Mar 25, 2009 20:08
  • COOLSPRINGS
SHE, most probably it's women's problem. Women aged from around 45-55 most likely suffer from senior risk, The symptoms are: behaving exaggeratively, talking blah blah blah...,acting agressively...Hope I would dodge this risk at that age.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: seeking answer
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code