Menu
TEFL International reviews
Mar 28, 2009 17:45
  • MAMAHUHU
I was in the TEFL Internatinal course recently.
All I have to say is if you do it you will regret it. It was one of the most pointless months of my life. I am now looking for a job and all they keep asking me is about how I should get a Celta and come back. I just feel cheated and lied to. The owner of this course Henry Yan or Yan Hao feng is just an incompetent guy. His grammar teacher could not teach at all we went crazy he blamed the poor guy. I talked to this guy henry did not tell him what to do or how to do it. He is the owner and should be accountable not just cry and say it is his fault. I am posting this so you don't make the same mistake I did if I knew what a celta was I would not have done this course. I found out that CELTA is backed by Cambridge and the British council and TEFL international is just a marketing company who is backed by no one. Do your home work guys
Mar 29, 2009 06:27
  • GAFFER
TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. It is not in itself a company. If you search for TEFL Internaionasl the results produce many companies and organisationa. You need to be more specific in which company you are accusing of incompetance.
Mar 30, 2009 16:03
  • MAMAHUHU
TEFL international Beijing,
Mar 30, 2009 22:49
  • APAULT
With English like you posted there, Mamahuhu, I wouldn't employ you even with a CELTA.

On a broader note: in my experience it is only the UK that asks for Celta. I don't think any one month course means much unless one is already a trained teacher. Teachers typically undergo a full year's training: any organisation offering a one month certificate course to non-teachers or anyone undertakling one is deluding themselves.
Apr 21, 2009 02:58
GUESTKOREANK... Here is my experience/opinion on this matter:

I also did a 1 month TEFL International course in Thailand, having never taught before.
I must say that although TEFL International diplomas count for virtually nothing in terms of official teaching certifications, it did help me with ideas for the ESL classroom, and boosted my confidence as a result.
It opened my eyes to the possible problems one might encounter in an EFL classroom and how to do deal with these, and as such, prepared me for my first time entering a 40+ classroom.
Following my month with TEFL International, and my subsequent 4 months public school placement with them, i continue to be an EFL teacher 2 years down the line, and what I believe to be an enthusiastic and confident one at that.

I do have a word of warning however. I have read many negative posts on the company in question, and do advise to approach with caution, but despite the below-par quality of the course from a teaching qualification aspect, there are MANY positives i gained from the course that i have kept until now.

I hope this helps anybody who, like me, was in a tough financial situation, unable to afford a proper CELTA qualification, yet eager to teach English in a positive way to people who need it, and dont have the opportunity to receive it...and lets face it - many positions in Asia and the rest of the world do not require anything more than just a bachelors degree.

regards,

koreankleet
Dec 16, 2009 20:08
GUESTMARKO I did the TEFL International course in Ban Phe. We all had to give online feedback. I gave them all 5 stars. Excellent course with great trainers. But there is always someone who comlpains.
Jan 31, 2010 21:39
GUEST28529 I went through the TEFL program with these guys, but in Costa Rica. Overall, it was a good experience. Maybe because I already had a B.A. in education from Northern Arizona University, but the classes were similar in style and substance to my university education classes. I just got a good job in Ecuador and am satisfied with what I learned and the worth of my TEFL certification.
Feb 17, 2010 12:57
GUEST09721 I did my course in Zhuhai and it was great. TEFL International is pretty well respected in Asia it seems. More so than CELTA. And Brad and Jenny are great trainers.

www.tefllife.com

The only guy who did not like the course was the one who wanted to get drunk every night. The other 8 really enjoyed ourselves.
Feb 22, 2010 00:50
GUEST01860
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST09721

I did my course in Zhuhai and it was great. TEFL International is pretty well respected in Asia it seems. More so than CELTA. And Brad and Jenny are great trainers.

www.tefllife.com

The only guy who did not like the course was the one who wanted to get drunk every night. The other 8 really enjoyed ourselves.

This is Choochoo lost login right now so I want to say I have been trying to get money for a CELTA so I can leave UK and stay in China and you say TEFL is better now?
Pleae explain more why you say this and does anone else agree?
Feb 23, 2010 06:19
GUEST94244 HELLO?
i THOUGHT CELTA ws better than TEFL?
CELTA is recognised all over the world right?
Mar 23, 2010 19:21
GUEST17149 To Mr APAULT - I am APAULT by your comments to Mamahuhu. You question his English ability, yet in your own statement you refer to his 'undertakling'. I would suggest you sort out your own English competence before badmouthing someone else's.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: TEFL International reviews
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code