Menu
Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Oct 11, 2009 21:47
  • ELLYSE
Good grief, just because you don't go by Taiping cable car yourself, doesn't mean it's "not the right way"!
And, the shortest way might not always be the "best" way, or the way that others want!
Oct 13, 2009 08:46
GUEST76217 Hello,

We would like to travel from Shanghai to Huangshan (Tangkou) next Monday 19 Oct. By bus, if possible. We stay at the Shi-lin hotel on the mountain and they tell me I should arrive at the cable car before 16.00. Is it possible to travel this in one trip? Do i need to get tickets in advance and where does the bus leave from? Thank you!
Oct 13, 2009 21:38
  • ELLYSE
Yes, possible if you take the earliest bus to Tangkou or the earliest buses to Tunxi (and then connect to another bus going to Tangkou), at 0628 and 0728 from Shanghai long-distance bus station respectively.
Otherwise, I'd take the overnight train which would artive at 0905.
Let me know ASAP if you'd like to buy the tickets in advance. I could get them delivered to where you're staying.
Oct 18, 2009 10:45
GUEST71180 Hi ELLYSE , we would like to follow your suggestion by going Taiping first then hike up using the taiping cable car.

May i know from Tangkou to taiping:

1.how much it cost to take bus to Taiping?
2.how long it will take?What is the earliest bus can take?
3.Is the bus directly from Tangkou to the cable car station? Or need to change bus again?

Thanks very much :)
Oct 23, 2009 01:13
  • ELLYSE
Go directly to Taiping from Tunxi, don't bother going via Tangkou! I think it's about 20 RMB/pax for bus Tunxi -- Taiping.
There's no bus from Tangkou to Taiping cable car.
Dec 9, 2009 05:07
GUEST12105 Hi,

I would like to go to Mt huangshan next weekend from Shanghai. Can you please suggest the easiest way and where to take the bus?I would also like to spend the night in Bei hai hotel...

thanks for your help.
A
Dec 20, 2009 13:42
  • ELLYSE
I would prefer to take a bus for Shanghai -- Tunxi from Shanghai South long-distance bus station. At Tunxi, change to a bus going to Taiping (north foot) or Tangkou (south foot) of the mountain.
Feb 14, 2010 10:31
GUEST45198 Hi Ellyse,
I'm planning to visit Mt Huangshan, Tunxi and Hong Cun for 3-4days from 27 Mar 2010 departing from Hangzhou. Could you let me know where to take the long distance bus to Tunxi/Huangshan Town and the bus schedule? How do you suggest that I get to Mt Huanshang from Tunxi? I am thinking of spending 2 nites in Mt Huangshan. I read that you highly recommend West Sea Canyon. Do you know if it will be open from 27 Mar? What are your other recommendations at Mt Huangshan? How do I get to Hong Cun after Mt Huangshan? Thereafter, I intend to return to Shanghai from Tunxi. I kept reading that it takes 10 hrs by bus. Where does the 5 hr bus depart from Tunxi to Shanghai? Alternatively, I am thinking of departing for Huangshan from Shanghai. What is the best route to take? Many thanks for your advice!
Feb 17, 2010 05:50
  • ELLYSE
Hangzhou -- Tunxi buses leave from Hangzhou West long-distance bus station.at 0650, 0745, 0840, 0940, 1015,1055, 1135, 1310, 1415, 1555, 1630 and 1820. These take about 2.5-3 hours.
From Tunxi you could take buses to Tangkou (south foot) or Taiping (north foot) of Huangshan. Tangkou is about half an hour nearer but more popular and crowded. I prefer going by Taiping, great views from Taiping cable car.
West Sea Canyon should be open by 27/3.
Going down, I usually recommend the Western Steps -- do Heavenly Capital Peak if your fitness and time allows.
There're buses from Tangkou and Tunxi which would go to Hongcun. Alternatively if you're travelling with friends/family, you could consider hiring a vehicle and driver for the day.
The Tunxi -- Shanghai bus takes about 5-6 hours, NOT 10 hours. The overnight train does take about 12.5-14.5 hours. Same in the opposite direction.
Please email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line, thanks. :)
Feb 26, 2010 03:20
GUESTQUYEN MA Hi ELLYSE,

You really gave some very good answers! :-)
Can I ask you one more question re Huangshan: is there any locker service at the foothill of Huangshan (Tangkou or Taiping), cos I dont want to bring up all my big luggages to the mountains, I wanna stay on the top mountains for 1 night.

Regards,
Quyen.
Page 2 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code