- Travel Reviews
- Travel Tips
- Photo Album
- China Videos
|Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot|
|Feb 28, 2010 15:21|
|Leave your luggage in Tunxi instead. If you're staying at a hotel there before or after, they'll usually keep your luggage for free. Otherwise, pay for luggage storage at the train or long-distance bus station.|
|Mar 20, 2010 22:56|
What is the bus schedule and price for Nanjing to Tangkou?
|Mar 23, 2010 13:57|
|Michael, your time for Huangshan is REALLY tight. Personally I usually allow for an overnight stay in the summit area, but this would not be an option for you. Stay in Tunxi for the night, there's nothing of interest in Tangkou. Luggage can be stored in Tunxi at the train or long-distance bus stations. From Tunxi there're frequent buses going to Tangkou (south foot) or Taiping (north foot) -- the latter is less crowded though a little further. If you're a very good (ie fast) hiker then you could go up via Taiping cable car, hike West Sea Canyon and then try and rush down via Yuping cable car. I think the last bus back to Tunxi would be around 1800 or so in summer. When would you be travelling? You might want to email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.|
West Sea Canyon is officially open on 1/4. If it's open earlier because of good weather this will be decided arbitrarily and no one will know till perhaps the day itself. Can't answer on your other questions at the moment, however if necessary email me (details a few lines above) with your details and dates etc and I'll try to ask for you.
Nanjing -- Tangkou bus departs daily from Nanjing East long-distance bus station at 1450, fare 93 RMB.
|Apr 5, 2010 22:14|
Hope you can help us with a few logistical questions.
1) We are planning to take the bus from Shanghai to Huangshan on April 21st. We are debating whether to buy bus tickets from Shanghai to Tunxi or Tangkou. If we took the bus to Tangkou the problem is where to put our luggage. It would be helpful if you can tell us how much time is added if we took the bus to Tunxi before heading Eastern Steps (we rather not take the cable car).
2) Our plan is to hike the Eastern Steps up to Paiyunlou which we will be spending the first night. What time should we get up the next day to see the sunrise?
3) We plan to hike the West Sea Canyon area and spend the night at Baiyun.
4) We plan to descend via the western steps on 23rd. Should we spend the night in Hot Springs Area, Tangkou or take the bus back to Tunxi?
Also, there is no trail from Taiping? Only the cable car?
Lastly, do you think it is necessary to prebook our bus tickets from shanghai?
Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LIFEUMD: Apr 5, 2010 22:16
|Apr 6, 2010 17:23|
|1) Personally I prefer to arrive at Tunxi rather than Tangkou. Luggage storage is available for a fee, at the train and long-distance bus stations there. It's then about 1 hour from Tunxi to Tangkou by bus, frequent departures.|
2) Hotels will post the sunrise times. These vary according to season so just check when you're there.
4) Go straight back to Tunxi, nothing of interest in Tangkou, and the hot springs area isn't particularly recommendable either.
I'm sure you can also climb up from Taiping, but it's apparently a long route and I've not heard of anyone climbing up this route, actually.
I would prefer to pre-buy bus tickets.
You can also email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg LifeUMD) in the subject line.
|Apr 11, 2010 06:09|
|When you say "how much bus", do you mean in times of cost, number of departures, or number of hours of journey time?|
And for "time", do you mean journey time, or departure timings?
Yes, it's possible to do if you start early in the morning and make a beeline from the upper station of Taiping cable car to the upper station of Yuping cable car.
Tangkou -- Tunxi buses depart quite frequently, when the bus fills up.
Last bus from Hangzhou to where?
I would love to help you but it would be helpful to yourself if you could phrase your questions better!
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)