Menu
Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Feb 28, 2010 15:21
  • ELLYSE
Leave your luggage in Tunxi instead. If you're staying at a hotel there before or after, they'll usually keep your luggage for free. Otherwise, pay for luggage storage at the train or long-distance bus station.
Mar 9, 2010 07:39
GUESTMICHAEL Hi Ellyse,

I will be coming from Shanghai to Huangshan via overnight train (K8418/8419) and will arrive at Huangshan Rail Station at approx. 09:05. What form of transport is available at the Rail Station to go to Mt. Huangshan? Or will we have to go from the Rail Station to the Bus Station to find transport there?

Based on your recommendation earlier in this discussion, we would like to go to Taiping, though we're unsure if we'll have the time to as we'll be leaving the next day via train. Could it be done?

Lastly, we will be leaving the next day, 09:21 to Beijing via K46 train. Would it be best to simply stay at a hotel close to the Rail Station in Tunxi, rather than stay at the foothill? If so, what's the last bus from either Taiping/Tangkou back to the city? Luggage can be held at the Rail Station, correct?

Sorry for so many questions. Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Michael
Mar 13, 2010 10:20
GUESTJERRY You've been really helpful Ellyse, thank you very much. Just to confirm some answers that were stated above.

1) West Sea Canyon is closed up to March 26? We'll be travelling to Mt Huangshan and scheduled our walk around the West Sea on Mar 24 - this leg has to be cancelled then?

2) What is the right price to rent a van and driver for a group of four to travel between Hongcun and Xidi area for one whole day?

3) How much would it cost to rent a van and travel from Hongcun to Taiping?

Thank you.
Mar 20, 2010 22:56
GUEST47118 Hi,

What is the bus schedule and price for Nanjing to Tangkou?

Thanks!
Mar 23, 2010 13:57
  • ELLYSE
Michael, your time for Huangshan is REALLY tight. Personally I usually allow for an overnight stay in the summit area, but this would not be an option for you. Stay in Tunxi for the night, there's nothing of interest in Tangkou. Luggage can be stored in Tunxi at the train or long-distance bus stations. From Tunxi there're frequent buses going to Tangkou (south foot) or Taiping (north foot) -- the latter is less crowded though a little further. If you're a very good (ie fast) hiker then you could go up via Taiping cable car, hike West Sea Canyon and then try and rush down via Yuping cable car. I think the last bus back to Tunxi would be around 1800 or so in summer. When would you be travelling? You might want to email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.

West Sea Canyon is officially open on 1/4. If it's open earlier because of good weather this will be decided arbitrarily and no one will know till perhaps the day itself. Can't answer on your other questions at the moment, however if necessary email me (details a few lines above) with your details and dates etc and I'll try to ask for you.

Nanjing -- Tangkou bus departs daily from Nanjing East long-distance bus station at 1450, fare 93 RMB.
Apr 5, 2010 22:14
  • LIFEUMD
Hi Ellyse,

Hope you can help us with a few logistical questions.

1) We are planning to take the bus from Shanghai to Huangshan on April 21st. We are debating whether to buy bus tickets from Shanghai to Tunxi or Tangkou. If we took the bus to Tangkou the problem is where to put our luggage. It would be helpful if you can tell us how much time is added if we took the bus to Tunxi before heading Eastern Steps (we rather not take the cable car).

2) Our plan is to hike the Eastern Steps up to Paiyunlou which we will be spending the first night. What time should we get up the next day to see the sunrise?

3) We plan to hike the West Sea Canyon area and spend the night at Baiyun.

4) We plan to descend via the western steps on 23rd. Should we spend the night in Hot Springs Area, Tangkou or take the bus back to Tunxi?

Also, there is no trail from Taiping? Only the cable car?

Lastly, do you think it is necessary to prebook our bus tickets from shanghai?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LIFEUMD: Apr 5, 2010 22:16
Apr 6, 2010 17:23
  • ELLYSE
1) Personally I prefer to arrive at Tunxi rather than Tangkou. Luggage storage is available for a fee, at the train and long-distance bus stations there. It's then about 1 hour from Tunxi to Tangkou by bus, frequent departures.
2) Hotels will post the sunrise times. These vary according to season so just check when you're there.
4) Go straight back to Tunxi, nothing of interest in Tangkou, and the hot springs area isn't particularly recommendable either.
I'm sure you can also climb up from Taiping, but it's apparently a long route and I've not heard of anyone climbing up this route, actually.
I would prefer to pre-buy bus tickets.
You can also email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 -- put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg LifeUMD) in the subject line.
Apr 7, 2010 02:28
GUESTGUEST TJ Hi Ellyse.

How much bus Shanghai-Tunxi? time?
If we take last bus to Tunxi an arrive at night, spend the night at Tunxi and go early in the morning to Huangshan via Taiping cable car n going down via Yuping cable car, is it possible to do it on the same day, as we do not have much time?
Is bus to Tunxi depart hourly from Tangkou?
What time the last bus from Hangzhou?
Thanks for all your help
Apr 11, 2010 06:09
  • ELLYSE
When you say "how much bus", do you mean in times of cost, number of departures, or number of hours of journey time?
And for "time", do you mean journey time, or departure timings?
Yes, it's possible to do if you start early in the morning and make a beeline from the upper station of Taiping cable car to the upper station of Yuping cable car.
Tangkou -- Tunxi buses depart quite frequently, when the bus fills up.
Last bus from Hangzhou to where?
I would love to help you but it would be helpful to yourself if you could phrase your questions better!
Please reply to yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username in the subject line.
Apr 14, 2010 02:03
GUEST25134 Hi Ellyse!

May I know what are the daily specific timings for the long distance bus from Shanghai South Railway Station to Huangshan Tunxi and vice versa?

Similarly also what are the timings from Shanghai South Railway Station to Huangshan Tangkou and vice versa?

Many thanks!
Page 3 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buses between shanghai and tangkou/huangshan scenic spot
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code