Menu
What do you think of Guangzhou City?
Apr 11, 2009 02:14
  • KEVIN0518
"If you hear somebody crying for help on the street, what will you do? Pretending you didn't hear it, call the police or do your best to help him/her?

It is a survey launched by a website in Guangzhou. The result shows that about 60 percent people won't give a hand to the one who asks for help.

Another piece of news: Guangzhou has been named one of the ten most indifferent cities in China.

Is Guangzhou really a city of apathy? What do you think?
Apr 11, 2009 08:43
  • GARYKINKADE
The same situation exists in the States.
Somewhat like herd mentality.

Of course, with some of the crap on t.v., mesmerized and mind numbing "tin canned"news,
what can one expect

Would the situation have been the same 70 years ago?.

Apr 13, 2009 09:38
  • CARLOS
Guangzhou, big, noisy, dirty, crowded, smog-smog-smog...

I like it

Carlos
Apr 15, 2009 16:33
  • WANHU
This indifference attitude is everywhere in big cities, not only Guangzhou. As a visitor, if someone cries for help in GZ, I could do nothing, and I can't even contact the police, etc. What would you do Kevin, if you're in Singapore or Bangkok, and someone cries for help?
Wan
Apr 15, 2009 18:22
  • MARRIE
I have no ideas of GZ. But I just don't like Cantonese who seem to me are loud, indifferent, rude and wild.
May 5, 2009 00:03
GUEST01163 "But I just don't like Cantonese who seem to me are loud, indifferent, rude and wild"

For me, that's the fun part of it all. It is loud and wild, and Cantonese people aren't being rude, they are just noisy. They are very good-natured and kind people.
May 5, 2009 11:05
I quite liked it there from what I saw of the place.

Alan
May 6, 2009 12:44
  • JCNILE123
I'm more concern about the foreigners in GZ, too many foreigners from the third world (Russia included) and not all of them in business matters.
I love GZ.
May 22, 2009 05:50
  • JOSHIRV57
Its Foreigners which make it possible for any nation to find its place in the world.But,taking your life experience and views are very limited.You have no idea what the countries designation is,
and you call Russia a Third World.This country of China,has in fact,far less Foreigners living
here,than in the states.Of course you have not realized that the United States is a country built and nourished by Foreigners. Please do not go there,as you would not understand how to live there,and then you would know whats its like to be an unwanted Foreigner,and singled out for
the ridicule which comes so easily from your narrow mind.
May 22, 2009 05:54
  • JOSHIRV57
The other thing about Guangzhou,is that as a city,its very beautiful to live in.The beauty of its people is signifigent.Of course people here help you,when you need help.
May 23, 2009 09:42
  • JCNILE123
Blue joker (joshir) as I remember it; based on your search for pity, you are a dead man walking.

Quote, (and then you would know whats its like to be an unwanted Foreigner}

If USA people have done it; I don’t blame them.

Has anyone discovered an inhabited island anywhere in the Pacific Ocean lately?

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of Guangzhou City?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code