Menu
Best Tour Company for 2 weeks in China?
Apr 20, 2009 15:06
guestspeedpro50 I am interested in traveling to China with my wife and 2 children (ages 7 and 8). I have never visited China before and am wondering if going with a tour company / guide would be best, and having the whole trip planned out for us. Any advice? Which companies or guides have good reputations? How long do you need to have to really enjoy the trip, is 10-14 days enough? Anything else would be a great help - thanks!
Apr 21, 2009 01:45
GUEST72216 Hi,there
Which city will you come in China?
I am a guide in Guangzhou city,maybe i could help you or give you some suggestions.
Ple feel free to let me know your inquirement.

thanks

Angel
Email:gmail.com|leather09
Apr 21, 2009 02:56
  • BABYHARE
China is vast, you have to decided what kind of trip you want first.

I have many experiece in different part of China, and the memories were totally different. In my viewpoint, I would say I like to travel to the old towns, because that looks quite "China". But to tell you the truth, today a lot of wellknowned old towns has changed much, the business man built a lot of bars and small hotels in those town----that is not a bad thing, at least you will have more comfortable and clean places to stay and more places to spend during the nightlife, but on the other hand, the tourists and the bars changed the feelings of those old town, they are not like what they were any more.

So all in one word, I would say if now I want a lazy trip and relax myself from the hard work, I would like to go to some developed places; if I want to discover some special places and experience the local people's life, I would start a backpack trip towards some small villages with a long history. :-)

Write to me the details of your plan and maybe I can lead you a wonderful trip! Email: 163.com|babyhare

Cheers

Nancy

Apr 21, 2009 04:47
  • ERLENEN84
Hello,

Welcome to China!

It will be very expensive if you want to book a private tour and get your own tour guide from travel agency.My advice for you is that you make a rogh travel plan about whcich cities you'd like to go for a visit and book your tickets before you come to China. So that you can fly fromone city to the other easily and find the local tour guide to show you around. It's easy to find local tour guide and It's cheaper!

if you want to have a private trip in Chengdu, please contact me. i am a local tour guide with 3 years experience.I can make your a private travel iteneray to meet your travel interests.You can wirte to me at ymail.com|junyun1220 or call me directly on my mobile 135 5865 0209
Apr 23, 2009 13:05
  • ELLYSE
Try looking on the TripAdvisor forums. There're quite a lot of trip reports and comments about various tour companies.
Apr 23, 2009 22:56
  • WANHU
Most part time guides are honest and hard working, and the charge also very minimal, and they are always familiar with traps. They are local people and know their areas and surroundings. Agents are mostly business; a particular company needs to pay for the guide, profit for the company, etc.

It depends which cities you want to visit. When I first visited Shenzhen (only) it was 10 days, not enough areas to cover. Most of my regular visits will be 12-14 days.

Wan
Post a Reply to: Best Tour Company for 2 weeks in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code