Menu
Shenzhen to HK Island Pacific Hotel
Apr 23, 2009 04:45
guest13786 Hi all,

I will be arriving in Shenzhen around 18:30. I need to get to the Island Pacific Hotel in Hong Kong (west Central). Can anyone advise me on the best and cheapest way I can get to my final destination? I've noticed that there is a ferry leaving Shekou for HK around 18:45 which I don't think I will be able to make. I don't want to wait for the next one at 21:00. I can't seem to find bus or train schedules anywhere online.

Many thanks in advance.
Apr 23, 2009 20:47
  • WANHU
From the previous and recent posts and responses in TCG you could find bus service from Bao'an airport to Luohu (approximately 1 hr-journey). From there you can take MTR train at Lowu to Kowloon.
Wan
Apr 23, 2009 21:04
GUEST51340 Thank you so much, Wan!
Apr 24, 2009 03:32
  • ELLYSE
This hotel is on Hong Kong island, not Kowloon.
How much luggage do you have? "Best" and "cheapest" are usually not one and the same.
You might want to consider taking the direct buses from Shenzhen airport to downtown Hong Kong: http://www.trans-island.com.hk/eng/china-line_szj.htm
The drop-off point at Wanchai might be the closest one for your hotel. Then catch a taxi.
Apr 26, 2009 09:53
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Wanchai is quite far form that hotel (in the western district of HK island

http://www.sino-hotels.com/Island_Pacific_Hotel/en/About_this_Hotel/Transportation.aspx
Apr 27, 2009 09:13
  • WANHU
Actually I think stopping either Kowloon Tong or East TST is OK. From TST East can take the left road and go through Avenue of Stars, take a ferry ride (HKD2) and the Hotel is on Connaught Road, not far from the Island's Star Ferry pier. For adventurous type, can take Metro to Admiralty then to Wan Chai. As it's your first time as well as as in the evening, it's not easy for you to walk though not that far, so hail a cab. When you are in HK, you can ask around as many people can speak English.
Wan
May 3, 2009 20:17
  • ELLYSE
I would prefer to drop-off at a point on Hong Kong island instead of Kowloon, to avoid having to cross over by taxi.
Post a Reply to: Shenzhen to HK Island Pacific Hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code