Menu
Wife's birthday gift ... ???
Apr 26, 2009 09:32
  • FAERIEQUEENE
think at the place of you wife... maybe she'd love to explore your way of cooking... then you should have plenty to offer her as gifts
Apr 26, 2009 11:08
  • GRIZ326
There are only two marginal Asian restaurants and they drive to the 250 miles to get their spices.
Apr 26, 2009 19:03
  • COOLSPRINGS
Griz, considering your home is isolated from outside and located in the hunting and forestry areas, besides no Chinese connections withing 250 miles, I am curious what your wife's daily life look like?

I am thinking the best gift for her is that buy her a gun for hunting and assign her a small plot for farming...
Apr 26, 2009 23:02
  • GRIZ326
Quote:

Originally Posted by COOLSPRINGS

I am thinking the best gift for her is that buy her a gun for hunting and assign her a small plot for farming...

I just bought her a hunting and fishing license that includes fishing, deer, elk and moose and bison if she wins a tag in the lottery. ...but that's not a birthday gift, that's life in Montana.

As for the gun, she already has a rifle, shotgun and a pistol. She missed getting a turkey in our yard the other day, but that was my fault because of the 12-gauge load I gave her and the distance to the target.

She's so easy to please than anything will be fine, but I'd like to get her something nice; cooking spices would be very nice for her, but I think women always (secretly) hope to get something more romantic.
Apr 27, 2009 21:16
  • COOLSPRINGS
>>She's so easy to please than anything will be fine, but I'd like to get her something nice; cooking spices would be very nice for her, but I think women always (secretly) hope to get something more romantic<<

Griz, you married a wife not a chef. if your wife gets tired of patrolling in huge backyard, just buy her a SMART..

Apr 27, 2009 23:00
  • GRIZ326
A SMART! What a great idea...except that my pickup truck could hit that and hardly feel it. I really do like those, but people drive big trucks here and that little thing wouldn't stand a chance. ...as for driving around my place, I'd have to get huge tires for it or it would get hung up on a tree stump...but thanks for the thought. I'd buy her a SMART in a heartbeat if we lived in China.
Apr 28, 2009 19:46
  • MARRIE
Anyway, I even saw SMART run on freeway, which is dangerous.

How about Qi Pao. you'd better get them tailored exactly to her figure. Labor fees plus 100% silk from china must be expensive abroad. alternatively, order thru internet from China. I don't think buying it in Chinatown is a good idea coz superfines are usually not available and not that CHINESE.

suggestion 1 - white silk Qi Pao

Last edited by MARRIE: Apr 28, 2009 19:50
Apr 28, 2009 19:48
  • MARRIE
suggestion 2 - green one

Last edited by MARRIE: Apr 28, 2009 19:48
May 22, 2009 05:25
  • JOSHIRV57
You know what Griz; There is a lot of BS coming from your comments.Just whom do you expect to believe your stories,such as you ply into this forum.Maybe everyone whom lives out of the states may believe you,and its hope-ful no stateside people whom read these remarks,will.
For all sakes,just stay real,and not so much into such yarns. This is of course,if you really do
live in Montana at all.You seem to have gained your descriptions from story books.
May 22, 2009 09:19
GUESTCOMMENT... thanks for wonderful ideas
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wife's birthday gift ... ???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code