Menu
Visa for Macau day trip??
May 11, 2009 15:25
  • DAVEC
I have my visa for China trip next week. I got double entry visa with the idea of visiting HK for day trip. I know like the thought of a ferry over to Macau.
Do I need another entry for my trip to Macau, same as HK? if so can I get my visa upgraded for the extra 1 day?
May 11, 2009 20:08
  • ELLYSE
If you go mainland China -- Hong Kong -- ferry -- Macau -- mainland China, your double-entry visa will be sufficient. Not sure if that's what you were asking.
May 12, 2009 03:49
  • LORENS
Not sure which country of passport you are holding. The double entry visa is for you to enter China twice. You may not need any visa to enter Hong Kong and Macau.
May 12, 2009 14:10
  • DAVEC
Sorry, should have explained better.
From UK I fly to HK and then get the ferry to Shekou. That is where I will be based. I got double entry as I wanted a day trip in HK, but now I quite fancy a day trip to Macau too which I can get to by ferry from Shekou. I understand Macau being special like HK means I need visa.
If its a lot of hassle I could always stay in HK for a day and then travel on to Shekou and use my 2nd entry for Macau
May 12, 2009 21:07
  • ELLYSE
If you go Hong Kong -- Shenzhen -- Macau -- Shenzhen then you'll need double-entry China visa.
If you go Hong Kong -- Macau -- Shenzhen then you'll only use up 1 entry.
May 13, 2009 09:23
  • WANHU
If your flight is direct to Shenzhen (from UK) means you need to make a day (or two) trip from Shenzhen-HK-Macau-Shenzhen (2nd entry) thus you haves used your double entry visa. For nationals of US, Europe.. they are given 90-day visa free for HK and 30 days for Macau.
Wan
Apr 11, 2012 06:22
GUESTHABIB F... Hi, i am from Pakistan
i got twice entry visa of china, now i am in china and i have 1 more entry to come china again.
As i know now Macau immigration stop on arrival visa for Pakistan, so let me know i can apply visa to go Macau in China?
Post a Reply to: Visa for Macau day trip??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code