Menu
China will install filters on all Computers as of July 1
Jun 29, 2009 17:21
  • LAOSHI_77
...And next year, Phase Two: They will implant chips in everyone's brains to filter evil thoughts.
"Come on, now. This won't hurt a bit. It's for your own good. ...Really. We know what is best for you."
Jul 1, 2009 04:36
  • DRAGONBALL
Today is the deadline of installing the filter software on all computers. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology said last night the vendors of computer can delay installing the software.
Jul 3, 2009 22:58
  • GRIZ326
It would be a better world if people did not desire such vulgarity. Parents should install this sort of software on their child's computer, but by the time the children are adults parents must extend them trust, respect their judgment and hope for the best.

I support what I believe is China's attempt to clean up Internet sewage, however, it is not a "politically correct" approach in the global community. Were this program designed to censor political thought, I might be opposed to it even though I'd consider it China's right as a sovereign nation. I like to believe the Chinese government really tries to serve its people although from time to time there are a few bumps to shake that belief. Even with those bumps I believe the Chinese government is more dedicated to the well being of its people than is the US government.
Jul 4, 2009 22:35
  • DREAMLIFE
I guess all other countries also have such filter softwares. USA, UK, Canada and Australia have firewalls too? Every sovereign country has to filter something. There is no absolute freedom either on the internet or in the real world.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: China will install filters on all Computers as of July 1
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code