Menu
Should I retire in China? If so, where?
Dec 13, 2009 02:45
What is the cost of living In Wei hai.???
Dec 13, 2009 09:23
  • HERBEAT
cost? Things are not expensice in Weihai...
Dec 13, 2009 23:54
But, to survive in Wei hai, Any one should have XXX amount of money for a medium standard life.. what would be that XXX amount of money..
Dec 14, 2009 02:26
  • HERBEAT
Well, people are different, right? Some might need an aircon in winter but some would happily wear very thick clothes. Some would happily eat only vegetables each day but some might need to eat cheese, chocolate and other things. So it depends and is hard to say...
Dec 14, 2009 04:47
That;s a clever answer, let;s say you wanna live there...
what could be your expeneses.. for a month
Dec 14, 2009 05:45
  • HERBEAT
Me? Well, ok, I'll answer your question even though it's private... In fact I have friends in Weihai so even if I want to live there longer, I won't need to pay for anything, hehe....
Dec 14, 2009 05:46
Give me the friends number, may be i can also have the free stay... thaks in advance dear
Jan 23, 2011 08:01
GUEST73151 I have recently bought a house in the Wei Hai area and spent a month searching around the area for the right property. Monthly expenses including accomodation (Hotel) food, transport (taxis and buses)came to the grand figure of 10000 RMB. I must admit we did not stay in 5 star hotel but all came from this site and were reviewed by me back in October 2010. Rental accomodation in the surronding cities of Roncheng,Nanhai,Wendeng etc are cheaper due to the massive buildding that has gone on in the area. A 85 meter appartment in a good building can be easily got for 30000/45000 RMB per year with water and electricity and heating about 3000 RMB for the year, heating (October to Mar) approx. Food purchased from the market and prepared at home is cheap in real terms with Fish been very cheap due to its physical location. Travel is more expensive than in the north (Heilongjing) but buses are comparable. From Wei Hai Airport to Wendong expect 40 RMB and the meter starts at 5RMB.
Mar 13, 2012 19:51
GUESTNORMAN Weihai in Shandong province is wonderful place to live and retire. Many Chinese high level officials also like to retire there for its weather. You can guess the facilities would be all readily available as long as you are well-off, not necessary rich. I am from China and living in US for more than 20 years. When I retire, I am also thinking retiring there or Taiwan, my wife's hometown as well. Just FYI.
Mar 14, 2012 22:32
GUEST47164 Hello Jim,
I wonder if you are in China.
Hope to receive your reply.
Regards,
MonaSara
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should I retire in China? If so, where?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code