Menu
Should I retire in China? If so, where?
Mar 14, 2012 22:36
GUEST47164 Hello Norman,
I was wondering if you knew any expats living in Weihai or west of Yantai. I am teaching in Longkou and would like to connect to some (real) English-speaking souls.
Thank you,
Monasara
Mar 14, 2012 22:39
GUEST47164 Hello,
Is Weihai your resident or you have purchased property for investment?
I was wondering if you knew any expats in Western Yantai. I am teaching in the Longkou area and would be nice to have a bit of contact with some (real) English speaking souls.
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
Regards,
Monasara
Jun 8, 2012 22:17
GUEST52163 shenzhen would be fine as it has good infrastructure and healthcare with hospital staff that can speak english, and it is next to hongkong where international connectivity is excellent.but health insurance is a must as private healthcare may be expensive.As china is a huge country, you can get cold weather and snow up north during winters.
Dec 27, 2012 22:59
GUESTLORENZO My wife is a Chinese citizen currently living in Nevada, USA. We are both more suitable to live in China. I fell in love with the Chinese culture and the Chinese people. She is from Shenzhen. I like the city, but not the hot humid weather. We have a high interest in Kunming, Yunnan
Jul 25, 2013 04:42
GUEST64154 I try toretire in Qingdao, lived in Shanghai many years. But the VISA gets a problem, there is no retirement vis like in Thailand etc. how to solve that problem? thanks a lot
Aug 20, 2013 01:13
GUEST61158 Hi,I used to work in GUangzhou,the city is too hot ,and in summer hurricane comes very often.
Xiamen or Kunming has more decent weather.

Best regards
Xing
Jun 1, 2014 09:51
  • FLYINGTIGER
I live on Hainan and although the summer temps have never hit the high 30s, it is quite humid here as well. The sea breeze seems to be non-existent during the summer months. Mainland China everywhere is mid 40s. Every 60 days I take a 24 hour train to Hong Kong and a 24 hour train back. $100 each way. Maybe next year they'll give me 90 days. There are no retirement visas like other countries unless your wife is Chinese. I can see the sea from my balcony and can swim every day so the heat isn't so bad for me but if your house is 5 km inland that would be a different story. There are English teaching jobs but be prepared for low pay. 65 is the limit I am told for that visa to teach. I have never worked inside China and likely never will. Salaries for every job are 1/2 to 1/3 of outside China but living is cheap. There are few expats so be prepared for that too. Hainan is a special economic zone. Read about it on the provincial website. Many tax incentives if you are a business person. If you are an employee, it doesn't matter. If you are a real estate speculator, you can make a lot of money here if you buy in the right places. Last year I sold two places for 5 times what I paid for them. Another place I sold for double even before they started to build the building. Some places even within the same development won't go up in price. You need to be careful and have a good eye. Winters are the advantage here. Low 20s in the day time and maybe 15 at night. Never had a heater yet. Use fans in the summer. Good luck with your choice.
Jun 8, 2014 06:41
GUEST41372 I believe Chengdu and it s surroundings are the best place to retire in China.
It offers modern amenities, IT, Jobs and wide range of edible, personal and luxury products as well as gardens, recreation activities and proximity to larger cities like Chongqing and the Yangtze river. Its cost of living is reasonable unlike Shanghai, Beijing or HK.
If you have other info on this subject please share with us.
Andrew Leong at hotmail.com|athleong
Jun 16, 2014 04:01
GUESTALEX OVILI I nurse the idea of retiring in a good reasonably low cost in china, I wish to come to do some small scale business, I am 61years who had worked for over thirty-five years in various production plants at management level and wish to start something on my own in a peaceful/ condusive environment.
where will you recommend for me in asia?

Alex Ovili
Nov 15, 2015 22:26
GUEST66130 Zhanjiang, Guangzhou Province.
Good weather and low cost of living.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should I retire in China? If so, where?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code