Menu
Getting married for Happiness or Green Card?
Oct 5, 2010 06:54
GUESTSANJEEV... of course marriage are done for happiness. happiness count more than green card . its easy to get green card than achieving happiness. so i think happiness is greater than greencard
Dec 11, 2010 08:07
GUEST16495 I want my mother to marry to a western man because I want her to be happy,and I am sure that her kindness and her loyalty will prove that she is different from the others. i'm studying overseas by myself but she's all alone in china. Knowing she is still alone made me feel very bad.
Jan 3, 2011 15:30
  • WMILLETTE
it was well said by another member......

if you even think its possible that its all for a green card than the relationship is doomed...

i fought this evil thouht and decided its worth a chance tryin rather than not and loosing a great possibility of lifetime happiness...

becides greencard takes 3 years at least so thats enough time for me to magically make her fall in love even if she wasent planning on it

think about it even with another american theres chances of not working out......doy
Jan 8, 2011 08:02
GUEST13445 It's pretty easy to tell if they are not in it for love. They continually ask you to purchase things for them. And they are always pressing for getting married to you. It is the major issue, not whether you should take the time to build a solid foundation for a marraiage. But they have nothing to lose when they come from very little materially.

I suppose you can convince yourself you are buying them, and they are happy with this. Except what's to stop them for looking for greater gain with someone else, once they are settled in the USA? It's sort of like a dishonest partner or a cheating spouse - they rarely quit this behaviour, as it's a "character flaw".
Feb 20, 2011 20:08
GUEST10187 A chinese girl told me she "wanted to be with me" after knowing me for only 1 week. do u think she is only after a green card?
Mar 6, 2011 23:12
GUEST52393 Hi my name is Roman.I live in Los Angeles.I am originally from Europe.I live here for 5 years.I had turist visa,but it's expired already.So I am imigrant now.I am looking for nice and honest woman Who would like to help me get green card through to merriage.I am nice and honest guy.I am willing to help you with your financial situation.We can first sit and talk about everything.Plus there is goin to be lawer Who(she) is very nice and know what has to be done corretly and save for all of us.Plus I have allready one friend Who went through same thing like I do want do.So please is there somewhere some beautiful angel girl Who can help me?Thank you so much for your time and I appologize if you find some mistakes in my English letter.Here is my email: hotmail.com|o.ori
Jun 15, 2011 09:53
GUEST12350 The reason that old western men seek Asian women to marry is because they beleive that Asian women are more submissive. They are not liberated and will not talk back or have an opinion. They will just be quiet and do what they're told. They also know that the chinese women will put up with things that American women will not. The men that the Chinese women end up with are usually the rejects from the American culture. These are the men who have no other options because American women dont want them. Sorry to break it to ya, women.
Jul 21, 2011 11:07
GUESTVIOLET I can't agree anymore!!
Jul 22, 2011 06:23
GUEST41164 As a laowai with a Chinese wife I can tell them first hand that they are in for a shock. That perception may apertain to some Asian cultures but not Chinese. In public a Chinese wife is respecful to her husband, at home laopo is boss.
Nov 24, 2011 23:59
GUEST09899 Your English may not be good, but your ideas seem to be. I am am 68 and my Chinese friend is 33 and looks 14. We get stared at constantly. It makes me want to run and hide. I know she loves me very much and is not after what I have as I have very little being retired. She does want to marry me and I worry about her when I am gone. She has few skills even though she has a PHD from China. I am wondering if I should just leave and fly back to the states? I know you cannot tell me, but saw your post and wanted to comment.

John
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Getting married for Happiness or Green Card?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code