Menu
Airport shuttle
Jun 23, 2009 11:32
guest19174 I'll be traveling to Xian and staying at the Bell Tower Hotel. I understand the Line 1 shuttle bus from the airport stops at the Melody Hotel. Can anyone tell me how far it is from the Melody Hotel to the Bell Tower? Also, I'm trying to make arrangements for a trip to the Terre Cotta Museum. What is the best way to get there?

Thank you!
Jun 24, 2009 01:13
GUEST15114 From the Melody to the Bell Tower Hotel is around 250 meters. The best way to get to the Warriors is by bus. Go to the Train Station ( by taxi, maybe 7 rmb ), and look for a bunch of buses off to the east side of the train station parking lot. Sorry, can't recall the bus number, but you will be approached soon enough and asked to board one of the buses. The fare should be around 7 or maybe 8 rmb, one way. On the way back, the parking lot of the Warriors will also have many buses going back to Xi'An. Be warned: you may pay to get on a bus, only to wait for some time before the bus fills up.
Jun 24, 2009 08:03
  • CLARENCEGUO
7 yuan per way
Jun 24, 2009 08:20
  • JABAROOTOO
there are more posts on this so search the Xian and Warrior post

Buses outside the station are easy to find or someone will find I think it's a 300 number
Jun 24, 2009 10:20
  • ELLYSE
Melody Hotel is almost next to the Bell Tower Hotel, I think?
It's bus 306 from the train station to the Terracotta Warriors, and stay on the bus till the final stop.
Jun 30, 2009 10:54
GUESTHANNAH Hi , We are a family of 4 going to Xian from July 18th evening to 20th early afternoon. We would very much like to visit the Huaqingchi hot springs, the Terrakotta warriors, and then the mountain village of Hua Shan. Is this possible in only one day? . What is the best wasy to do it ? Any idea of the cost?
Jun 30, 2009 21:44
  • ELLYSE
No, it's definitely not possible! Huashan is a mountain, not a mountain village. You'll need at least a full day for the mountain, if not overnight.
I would say the Huaqing Pool isn't really worth visiting. The Terracotta Warriors would take up half a day including getting there from town and back again.
If you have any more queries, email me at yahoo.com|ellyse99 and put "TravelChinaGuide" and your own username (eg GuestHannah) in the subject line, thanks.
Jul 1, 2009 07:14
  • CLARENCEGUO
GUESTHANNAH:
you may take a taxi to the warriors in the early morning(7:00 am), 2 hours in the muesuem,leave the museum around 11:00,takes 1.5 hours to huashan,take the cable car to the north peak,5 hours on top of the mountain.back to xi'an around 8:00 pm
Jul 1, 2009 10:16
  • ELLYSE
Rather optimistic, I'd say.
Jul 14, 2009 22:49
  • ANDY2008
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLARENCEGUO

GUESTHANNAH:
you may take a taxi to the warriors in the early morning(7:00 am), 2 hours in the muesuem,leave the museum around 11:00,takes 1.5 hours to huashan,take the cable car to the north peak,5 hours on top of the mountain.back to xi'an around 8:00 pm

I think that his suggestion is rather opmistic, too and the failure rate is very high. Huashan moutain is a bit more dangerous than any other moutains in China, soI would not recommend it to you guys.

I'm a local in Xi'an. If you plan to visit Xi'an, I'll be glad to be your guide and will not charge any because I want to practise my spoken English. My email is 163.com|tingqian0
Sep 23, 2009 21:57
  • KATTYMCB
We are traveling from NYC to Hong Kong and Beijing and would like to see the Terracotta Warriors at some point in our trip. We are leaving NY on 10/8 flying in and out of Hong Kong. How would you suggest we see Beijing for a few days and also go to Xian. We are 2 adults and a five year old child.

Kathy
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Airport shuttle
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code