Menu
Is the Bund Closed????
Jul 11, 2009 09:45
  • CROSIS
I was told today the Bund is closed for reconstruction of the road system. Does this mean you cant walk along the river at the moment?

Currently on third tour of china and arrive in Shanghai in a couple of weeks. The bund was the major reason we chose to return to Shanghai as a walk at night was brilliant.

Please if someone could let me know I would really appreciate it.
Jul 11, 2009 22:05
  • DATA1000
Yes, I was there 12 hours ago and the entire river walk was closed with a construction wall blocking off the view. However, I still recommend that you cross the Huangpu river by subway #2 line from Nanjing Dong Lu. Go one stop to Pudong. The river walk from the Pudong side of the river is still pretty good.
Jul 11, 2009 22:18
  • CROSIS
Thank you, will take your advice.

Bit of a shame as I booked a nice hotel on the bund too!
Jul 12, 2009 23:35
  • ELLYSE
"On" the Bund? Which hotel did you book? The only hotel that I would truly qualify as being "on the Bund" would be Peace Hotel, and that's currently under renovations.
And yes, the Bund looks awful right now and I suspect it will be that way for at least a few months more.
Jul 13, 2009 10:43
GUESTLI SHENG We plan go to shanghai next month and prefer staying at the bund.
It's really unlucky if the bund is still closed and we can't enjoy "shangahi dan" entirely.
any idea?
btw miss ellyse, do oyu know where's the wholesale market for glasses in yiwu?
appreciate your comment

thanks
Jul 13, 2009 11:10
GUEST40195 when'll the bund will be re opening ?
thanks
Jul 15, 2009 02:35
  • ELLYSE
Look, the Bund isn't the only attraction of Shanghai. It's also not the most convenient location for transport and accessibility. Better to stay around People's Square, or in the French Concession. If you want to see the Bund, try the view from Riverside Promenade in Pudong.
No idea about glasses in Yiwu, sorry.
The Bund isn't "closed", there's just a lot of construction there that you probably wouldn't care for. I'm not sure when those would be finished.
Jul 15, 2009 08:13
  • CROSIS
We recently changed from our previous hotel to the more expensive Majesty Plaza Shanghai as we were told it was nearer the Bund. We just werent told it was closed for work. Never mind you have to treat yorself sometimes <g>.

I totally agree the Bund is not the only attraction in Shanghai, but it is pobably the most famous and one of the most photographed. One of my best expereinces in China so far was wandring the Bund at night and watching the performers. In particular I remember a saxaphone player who was brilliant and I have on video.
Jul 16, 2009 04:32
  • ELLYSE
Looks like it's actually near People's Square than the Bund, location is ok.
The saxophone player you mentioned, I think he's already on a balcony of some building on Nanjing Lu pedestrian street.
Jul 16, 2009 08:08
  • CROSIS
I will look for the saxaphone player!!!! Thanks for the brilliant help and advice.
Jul 17, 2009 22:28
  • ELLYSE
If I'm not wrong, it's the building which's the oldest department store on Nanjing Lu pedestrian street. It's on the south side of the street and there's a Ajisen Ramen restaurant in the next building.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is the Bund Closed????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code